after update gimbal not working

Reaction score
i just updated my phantom 2 and my h3 d3 gimbal. and after the update the gimbal is not responding and no servo noise. but gopro is getting power and sending the video fed to te fatshark glasses. but i cant tilt the camera it just hangs there. some one having any ideas???? i hope i can fix this and not order a new one

gopro powers up and does it thing but when i power up the gimbal just is there doing nothing
and trying to calibrate is not working
i have done the update on ver 3,00 of the software

Pull_Up said:
Double-check you completed all available updates, including the central board one.

+1

if you can also post all the firmware numbers showing up on your assistant software. That might help with the diagnosis

cheers

Bmews

Hi,

Just has the same problem.
M'y retailler change it by à new one but Now i've not pût thé firmware 1.0.6 for thé gimbal, I don't understand what happened.

After the update the gimbal is showing version 1,0 but it is updated but won't show it as updated. And I did every thing trhu the assistant software ver3.0 and updated the board to 3.02

And I did all the updates that I can do double checked every thing. Getting a video feed but no servo sound and they won't respond and I can't rotate camera whit the x1 channel. Calibrated every thing in the assistant software but still no respond. And I'm at a loss now. Tried contacting dji and they told me to send the gimbal in to them. Nice work after an update the gimbal dies on ya

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same for me. I hear barely a noise inside the gimbal but it doesn't work at all. Hopefully we will find a solution.
Keep me posted !

I've just experienced the same problem however I updated the phantom2 before ever flying it. Camera powers up but the gimbal just hangs there. I contacted my retailer (UAVProducts) and we tried to trouble shoot the problem with no luck. I just mailed the gimbal back to the retailer who will forward it to DJI in LA. I have a phantom 1 but have really been looking forward to flying the new one with the 3d gimbal. According to DJI it takes about a month turnaround right now. Crazy.

Daniel Huang (DJI)
May 09 15:04

Dear Sir,

Please kindly send it in for service.
The gimbal IMU is missing.

However, there's a back door way for your problem and I'm not sure if you could pull it off.

1.As attached, try to wire it up(using a cable or conductor) that two point
2.Power on your phantom and you might find the light in the gimbal turn red
3.Connect your phantom with assistant software and there would be a gimbal IMU in the Upgrade tab
4.Remove the wire and update that IMU
5.Power Cycle
If you try, please let me know if it works.

Best Regards.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 3,464
I had the same problem and local dealer(singahobby) does the above and my gimbal back to work. Thanks :D

Same here, fix worked great, thanks!

A 5" pair of sharp pointed scissors works nicely for the jumper function using one hand.

:D

Thanks to the previous posters here, you saved me dropping into a big black hole (otherwise known as depression!)

Tried the little piece of packing under the POT and sadly that worked a short time but eventually caused the x1 to not operate at all.

The nice guy at the shop said I caused damage to the POT but said most people add a knurly knob to receiver housing and re-run the x1 wires to it. So that's nice. Looks the part & feels better too!

I then ran into the failed halfway through IMU & restarted the upgrade again. Result was a non functioning gimble and there was no mention of IMU software, let alone what version in the Upgrade tab on the assistant software.

Used the advice to jump the 2 copper squares & got the red light & then after reboot of the P2, got the upgrade notice in the upgrade tab and this time it ran through without stopping. A lot faster too.

Now with my knurly knob I find I can really control (for the first time) what angle my gopro points.

Here is a screenshot of my settings for the x1 and I get a very smooth tilting action.

Thanks again for you guys posting info.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2557-06-24 at 13.23.45.png
    Screen Shot 2557-06-24 at 13.23.45.png
    105.5 KB · Views: 1,557
  • knurlyknob.jpg
    knurlyknob.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 1,493
Well my gimbal now has exactly the same symptoms it was upgraded but has worked for a few flight since.

Powered up today and nothing..... will try this fix tonight.

My gimbal is also bricked now. The IMU firmware reads 0.0.0.0 and attempting to upgrade to 1.0.0.6 fails each time. The gimbal has power but is completely inactive. I've tried doing the jumped reset with tweezers and a wire, but no luck. I guess I will try to return it to the dealer and purchase another. Very annoyed.

Ok,
I'm next. Got a Phantom 2 with d3 gimbal, iOSD mini and Gopro +black + a 7' LCD on the remote.
The info in the FPV screen was partly outside the visible screen, så Jacy Lee at helipal dot com where I purchased the Phantom gave me an advice to connect iosd mini to computer and use iosd assistant, and check two check box, and the info will come back to within the screen.

Well, I misunderstood it and connected the Phantom 2 to the computer and started the iOSD software which of course could not communicate withthe iOSD mini.
Ok, once connected, I downloaded the DJI Phantom 2 assistant software 3.02 and went through the update process.
After recycling power (I assume this mean power off/power on), the gimbal went bananas. Like R2D2 on speed after an electro chock...
After som more attempts on updating the software on the Phantom 2, the gimbal died, and there was no more jiggling.
The Phantom 2 it self was also dead... No LED's and it would not turn on the engines...

Ok, now it was time for some serious troubleshooting (I'm an electro engineer).
- Removed the Gopro -no change, dead gimbal and no LED's on the Phantom 2.
- Tried the reset of the gimbal, still dead and no LED's on the Phantom 2.
- Disconnected the FPV transmitter, still nothing
-Disconnected the iOSD mini from the CAN bus --> VIOLA!!! I had LED's on the Phantom 2.
So I connected the USB cable to the computer and fired up the Assistant software and now I was able to upgrade the softare on the gimbal and rig.
After recycling power, the gimbal was ok again, and the compass error, and battery error I experienced earlier disappeared.

I believe that the iOSD has an error, and are corrupting the signal on the CAN bus.
I tried to connect the iOSD mini directly to the computer's USB cable and update it (was a success) but it still has the CAN bus error, so I'm happy that I had disconnected the ribbon cable from the gimbal before powering up.

If I connect the gimbal and the iOSD mini at the same time, the gimbal does not respond to the remote controller, and adre powered, but no motion.
After about 20 sec. it starts wiggling and having a harsh sound from the gimbal motors, so I turn it off.
I disconnect the iOSD mini, and everything is ok.

Ok a long message from a rookie here, but there are some hours of troubleshooting behind this (and maybe 40 years of RC experience is some help).

The iOSD mini was quite ok until I performed the Assistant upgrade of the unit...
I'd better write an email to Jacy Lee at Helipal dot com and ask for a new iOSD mini...
A perfect situation to verify their level of customer service...

Here are some pictures for reference.

IMG_3518.jpg

Didn't evet get the gimbal up on screen when the iOSD mini was connected.

IMG_3517.jpg

IMG_3516.jpg

[youtube]http://youtu.be/2eH4PTMAycM[/youtube]
http://youtu.be/2eH4PTMAycM
[youtube]http://youtu.be/pmZf4lvCNkI[/youtube]
http://youtu.be/pmZf4lvCNkI

Roy,

What you have described today is exactly what i have experienced today.

My setup is almost identical as well.

Phantom 2, Hd-3d, mini iosd, boscam 600mw, 7" black pearl monitor.

I have done all the updates and driver installs, (which i might add took forever and were not intuitive at all) and this made everything so much worse. It then took me ages to get the gimbal back from the dead and now it doesnt work with any of my FPV gear. Just has a massive fit when its all plugged in and no lights are coming on.

I have found the problem is simular and seems to be where the iosd goes into the can bus , but i could be wrong.

I would say im relatively tech savy and this Phantom 2 has driven me to the edge.

I will keep searching this forum and see if i find anything.

In the meantime If anyone has any suggestions it would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Ali

Would it be an idea to make a new topic:
"iOSD mini jams CAN bus after software update"
And collect all the users that experience the same problem there?
It can't be only Ali and Roy?

You should all check the new Central Board firmware that came out today or yesterday. My gimbal had bricked and completely lost its firmware. I also had a dead Phantom with the 3.04 firmware. Saw the new central board firmware this morning 1.1.31 (I think), upgraded, and was finally able to upgrade my gimbal and my Phantom. Both work perfectly now.

can anyone explain how to 'reset' the H3-3D using the above method? When I turn on the P2 the gimbal wants to 'start up' and I cant seem to keep the tweezers on the contact points.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues