After market lens cover or original DJI gimbal guard?

Reaction score
So I somehow misplaced my aftermarket lens cover for a P4P which now leaves me with the original DJI gimbal guard that comes when you purchase it. My question is what does everyone thinks about that original gimbal guard that DJI gives? I was never a fan of it for 2 reasons; one, I don't like how hard it snaps on. I just feel like it's make impact with the gimbal when snapping but I could be wrong. It just feels that way. It's always a struggle for me to snap and unsnap it that I feel like every time I do it adds stress to the gimble. Two, it never fits in any of my cases because the ends of the guard( the point where it snaps to the landing gear) are just a little too wide.

Anyone else agree or am I just over worrying?

I hated the original clear plastic guard. Yes, snapping it on was riskier than not using one at all! Outright scary. I used a file and widened the opening of the arm ends adding a taper as well. It goes on much easier now, but I still use the black one I found on eBay that snaps to the gimbal base

Reactions: ron-ep
I hated the original clear plastic guard. Yes, snapping it on was riskier than not using one at all! Outright scary. I used a file and widened the opening of the arm ends adding a taper as well. It goes on much easier now, but I still use the black one I found on eBay that snaps to the gimbal base

I like that filing down idea. I'm definitely going to try that.

Reactions: JeffreyS

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik