After all these years it finally happened.

Reaction score
My first close call with a Seagull! I was flying my drone at the coast when I got too close to some seagulls. I could see one flying towards my drone and so I started flying it back to myself. The bird got very close and started chasing it, so I landed it. The video shows the bird swooping close to the drone. What do you guys think? Did I do good or should I have done the recommended thing of flying straight up and then quickly flown away?
Here's the video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yip you done well,those birds pretty big ,this one very angry,there are hundreds at our beach and they a pain,yip best to land or fly off in other direction in sport mode,they probably give chase but the p4 is faster,,nesting time bad cause they protect their territory and watch out for the bombers,,they dive from height only to pull out at last seconds ,,they would definitely knock us out the sky if they wanted to,,without harassing them you can fly in circles in the group..have done it heaps and it's not harassment they just seem to follow the flight pattern,on occasion they poop on me drone,large and messy,the wind helps it spread,,enough of that,,not had any impacts from them yet and not that I want one either
20191201_184931.jpg

Yip you done well,those birds pretty big ,this one very angry,there are hundreds at our beach and they a pain,yip best to land or fly off in other direction in sport mode,they probably give chase but the p4 is faster,,nesting time bad cause they protect their territory and watch out for the bombers,,they dive from height only to pull out at last seconds ,,they would definitely knock us out the sky if they wanted to,,without harassing them you can fly in circles in the group..have done it heaps and it's not harassment they just seem to follow the flight pattern,on occasion they poop on me drone,large and messy,the wind helps it spread,,enough of that,,not had any impacts from them yet and not that I want one eitherView attachment 115916
Airborne rats.....

The biggest problem you can gave with them is when they are in large numbers on the ground and you fly over and startle them, they take of en masse and then its hard to know which action to take other than hope for the best.

Airborne rats.....

The biggest problem you can gave with them is when they are in large numbers on the ground and you fly over and startle them, they take of en masse and then its hard to know which action to take other than hope for the best.
Gas operated 16 gauge and some number 6. They outnumber humans 100 to one here in Fla. You would understand if you saw a pasty white tourist on the beach give a 3 year old a snack, and the seagulls descend on him like something from an Alfred Hitchcock movie sending a terrified squalling kid back to Mommy.

We used seal bombs on our fishing vessels to keep them away from our baits (now illegal). Fun. Also kept “Flipper” from eating the valuable grouper off our hooks. (Now Illegal) Fun. DON’T FEED THE GULLS u dope ?? can’t u see I’m flyin’ jeez

Yip you done well,those birds pretty big ,this one very angry,there are hundreds at our beach and they a pain,yip best to land or fly off in other direction in sport mode,they probably give chase but the p4 is faster,,nesting time bad cause they protect their territory and watch out for the bombers,,they dive from height only to pull out at last seconds ,,they would definitely knock us out the sky if they wanted to,,without harassing them you can fly in circles in the group..have done it heaps and it's not harassment they just seem to follow the flight pattern,on occasion they poop on me drone,large and messy,the wind helps it spread,,enough of that,,not had any impacts from them yet and not that I want one eitherView attachment 115916
Your writing is strangely similar to Stephen Hawking's speech.

Video get taken down?

Quick update for everyone:
Video get taken down?

What's happening with YouTube? Channel update.

Quick update for everyone:

What's happening with YouTube? Channel update.
Oooohhhhh you must have annoyed someone at YouTube unless you removed it
Yip vid gone

Your writing is strangely similar to Stephen Hawking's speech.
Lol I just read this,I hope that's good,,no enough school and got taught nothing of use,I learned more after school,,,so please excuse mie spelling and wording

Reactions: OOO
Lol,na your just not here enough ,,gota use my membership fee ha,
Sorry I dont mean offence in any way
I don’t get it. :). And I’m here plenty. That’s how I know your particular affinity for commas over periods. :)

I don’t get it. :). And I’m here plenty. That’s how I know your particular affinity for commas over periods. :)
Oh ok totally sorry and totally misunderstood post,,me thought periods was implying I on here to much,,,see what happens when not learn at school lol,, yeh I chuck comas and full stops all over the place,,I be honest on that,,sorry for confusing the matter,,I good at that ;)

Oh ok totally sorry and totally misunderstood post,,me thought periods was implying I on here to much,,,see what happens when not learn at school lol,, yeh I chuck comas and full stops all over the place,,I be honest on that,,sorry for confusing the matter,,I good at that ;)
No worries mate. :). Happy flying.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.