After a Firmware update, bad video lag, loss of quad.

Reaction score
I have a p3s and it has worked flawlessly. My Phantom's only problem has been me. I learned atti doesn't stop like GPS. (crash) I learned not to fly close to a metal roof. ( soft crash in hay field) Also while looking up at a bridge, watch elevation above the river. ( gimbal in water)

With 80 flights under my belt, I thought I would try to make my first video. The update came up and it went well. So off to my dream spot to do my first video. I waited till evening when there were only 8 people there. I set up my phantom on the edge of a cliff above some water falls. I turned everything on and everything was calibrated. I did an auto take off. watch it for a while to make sure everything is alright. I headed it toward the falls and love the video I was seeing. While watching my iPad I turned it to go toward the middle of the river above the falls. The next thing I noticed was I hit a tree near the side of the river. Before the crash I had people gathering around me yelling how cool. I got thinking, I am old fart and got shook up with people yelling all around me.

It took me an hour and 15 minutes to drive to the other side of the river to retrieve the quad. The old logging road was no fun and the quad was underwater the whole time. Yes, I went swimming in clear water and the quad battery was blinking on one light. I turned the battery off. At home I took the gimbal off and took it apart. the gimbal and the battery went into the dehydrator. I took the top off the quad and used the hairdryer. Still working on the battery. It is taking more of a charge everyday. It was so low , I guess it doesn't want to take a charge. With the other battery the phantom 3 s flys well. I had the normal reduced range, till I rebooted everything and re-registered because of the previous update. Then I realized what had happened at the falls. I was blaming myself, but I was flying crazy because I now have a bad video lag. When I saw my Ipad's picture of the middle of the river, I throttled ahead. The quad was still turning and it was heading toward the tree. I have watched the video many times and couldn't figure out why would I fly straight into that tree.

I watch it in the monitor and I can't keep it straight. It's all over the place because of the video lag.

I've tried to lode up the video. It just shows me flying into a tree like I was just trying to commit hari kari. I thought how stupid of me. I just don't think is was me this time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan