After 100 flights, 127km, 13hours, P3P conclusion

@ bobmyers also if you check your Go app and go into battery levels and settings, there's a tab that records each battery record by interval, such as recorded 1, record 2 and so on, which should say Normal is will also tell you to Discharge the battery when it's due but you have to manually go into it before or after flight.
Thanks, forgot about that feature:):)

@ Elie Katter, great post and always good to hear the positive. As you I cannot complain I'm at 175 miles, 987,603 Feet. 21 hours of flight time. I zip tired my arms from the beginning and so far so good. And as you have done pretty much what you have with good results, pre flight checks are very important and should never be over looked. I still have the original props on my P3P but do balance them as you stated. I did have David's Windsurfer which was great but I have a lot of trees so ended up doing the DBS Mod. Best of luck and safe flying!
yes sure you need some peak penetration to get through the bushes and obstacles, the advantage i have here is that its a birds eye view, cheers

Hello Elie. I know u fly in Lebanon so do I. I mean which area, as in some (most) areas I am experiencing heavy interferences on most of the channels (even on the 32 channels). I even tried to go offshore, it is worse! I guess with the abundance of UN and other warships around...

Reactions: elie kattar
Hello Elie. I know u fly in Lebanon so do I. I mean which area, as in some (most) areas I am experiencing heavy interferences on most of the channels (even on the 32 channels). I even tried to go offshore, it is worse! I guess with the abundance of UN and other warships around...
well i am flying in feytroun, faraya, mayrouba and jeiita zone :) if you need more info let me know i can post it inbox just pm me, ill give you my contact info also

@ Elie Katter, great post and always good to hear the positive. As you I cannot complain I'm at 175 miles, 987,603 Feet. 21 hours of flight time. I zip tired my arms from the beginning and so far so good. And as you have done pretty much what you have with good results, pre flight checks are very important and should never be over looked. I still have the original props on my P3P but do balance them as you stated. I did have David's Windsurfer which was great but I have a lot of trees so ended up doing the DBS Mod. Best of luck and safe flying!
Can you please share a picture of your zip tight setup?

For the first 10 flights on each battery, try to land at about 50%. After that, you fly normally and try to land at 25 to 30%. After about 20 or so flights-- fly the battery down to 20 percent. When you get back to your charge location and after that battery is cooled. -- put your P3 on the table or bench with the props off and put in the 20 percent battery, connect and start the motors and run the battery go down to 8%. This 8% low amperage rundown is to recalibrate the Smart Battery.
Then pull it out and recharge it. That battery should then be good to go. At least to the fifty flight mark.. Sometime after the next 30 flights or so-- you may need to do another low amperage rundown.

Sounds confusing, but really pretty easy when you get on to it. Spend the time caring for those expensive batteries and they should serve you many flights before you have to replace them.:)
No its very clear now Bob thank you. I just hope is not too late cuz i am in flight 7 already. But never went bellow 25%.

this a black special plastic tape that prevent scratches from the zip ties in case of friction while in flight, you can find it on amazon its called gorilla tape i think
I put zip tights white ones on each arm near the motors i tightend them as much as i could but if u push them with your finger the slip a bit back and forth i hope this is ok.

I put zip tights white ones on each arm near the motors i tightend them as much as i could but if u push them with your finger the slip a bit back and forth i hope this is ok.
Its ok unless its not causing any scratches on the surface and moving or twisting, can cause in some cases, a losen zip which can hit your prop mid air and might cause some unwanted problems, that is why i used this type of tape to force it in place

Can you please share a picture of your zip tight setup?
Sorry Nikolas C. for the delayed reply but here's a picture of one the arms. So glad I did this from the beginning.

Safe flying
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1443985469.837922.jpg

Nikolas, I tightened mine up evenly and as tight as they would go without deforming the shape, mine do not slide, you want to stop the arms from twisting (top and bottom of the arms) of course if you've already cut them short you can just put new ones on and carefully hold the locking end of the zip tie with your thumb and index finger and pull carefully with pliers on the piece that you will be cutting off. Be sure to be as straight as you can with the zip ties and arms so it will snug up nicely. Hope that makes sense.

Nikolas, I tightened mine up evenly and as tight as they would go without deforming the shape, mine do not slide, you want to stop the arms from twisting (top and bottom of the arms) of course if you've already cut them short you can just put new ones on and carefully hold the locking end of the zip tie with your thumb and index finger and pull carefully with pliers on the piece that you will be cutting off. Be sure to be as straight as you can with the zip ties and arms so it will snug up nicely. Hope that makes sense.
oh i see now, i did not use pliers just my fingers. ok thanks JBundy i will change them. what diameter zip tight you used?

Its ok unless its not causing any scratches on the surface and moving or twisting, can cause in some cases, a losen zip which can hit your prop mid air and might cause some unwanted problems, that is why i used this type of tape to force it in place
hi Ellie than u for all this. no scratches ok i think mine are ok but i will use new ones and pliers to tighten them more. i also ordered the prop balancer like u recommend and i am about to order the CF props soon as u confirm the model in my other question.

hi Ellie than u for all this. no scratches ok i think mine are ok but i will use new ones and pliers to tighten them more. i also ordered the prop balancer like u recommend and i am about to order the CF props soon as u confirm the model in my other question.
Hey mate i will send you the link of the ones i use, and no I don't use DJI ones for two reasons: 1- its not 100% carbon fiber made it bends more then a fully CF one
2- extremely expensive for what u get. So i use one that i got from a Chinese supplier and after long term testing i can guarantee you that u will be satisfied, I use them for extremely long range each time, amazing performance and u dont have to worry about balancing them too often, they bend quite less then others. This is the link where you can get them: New 4pcs Carbon Fiber 9450 Self Tightening Propeller Prop CW CCW Propellers for DJI Phantom 2 Vision Quadcopter dji phantom 3-in Parts & Accessories from Toys & Hobbies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group hope this helps ;)

Reactions: Mutterranch
Hey mate i will send you the link of the ones i use, and no I don't use DJI ones for two reasons: 1- its not 100% carbon fiber made it bends more then a fully CF one
2- extremely expensive for what u get. So i use one that i got from a Chinese supplier and after long term testing i can guarantee you that u will be satisfied, I use them for extremely long range each time, amazing performance and u dont have to worry about balancing them too often, they bend quite less then others. This is the link where you can get them: New 4pcs Carbon Fiber 9450 Self Tightening Propeller Prop CW CCW Propellers for DJI Phantom 2 Vision Quadcopter dji phantom 3-in Parts & Accessories from Toys & Hobbies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group hope this helps ;)
Thank u buddy! How much each prop weights ? I know the CF props from DJI are composite... one more question Why only for long flights?

Here is my set up.

Attachments

• 1444032276738.jpg
    1444032276738.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 320
  • 1444032289187.jpg
    1444032289187.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 339
  • 1444032298382.jpg
    1444032298382.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 344
  • 1444032311199.jpg