Afraid to order with all these problems. .

Status
Not open for further replies.
:):)Man oh Man-- Refreshing to hear some good news for a change-- I thought for a minute, that I was on a different forum.:D:D I want to echo the positive remarks--- for all of those who have had negative experiences, there is light at the end of the tunnel.:):)

Reactions: JohnK and oal331
:):)Man oh Man-- Refreshing to hear some good news for a change-- I thought for a minute, that I was on a different forum.:D:D I want to echo the positive remarks--- for all of those who have had negative experiences, there is light at the end of the tunnel.:):)

Well I came to the decision after I logged my first flight: I sure as hell ain't gonna let my P3P sit in the **** case because it might crash or "whatevs". I'm going do all of my checks and calibrations and keep on my toes.

And I'm going to insure this thing.

One month and 20 or so flights in, not a single issue. Just do a good compass calibration out in an open field and go through your checklist every time. Arm the motors, check out the bird, lift off manually and hover 5-6 ft for a minute or two and you'll be good to go! There's probably a 50-75 negative experience posts here out of the thousands and thousands they have sold. The P3 is incredible!

Somebody called my on my phone, the app crashed...I restarted the phone, pressed RTH and it still all worked perfectly!
Airplane mode when you are flying:D

Reactions: oal331
The P3P is an incredible machine. I've had two crash, real bad, in the last month. It will one day probably work fine once all the bugs are fixed. I'm not a novice by any means either. Sometimes bad things just happen for no reason, sometimes they happen twice. I spoke with a DJI rep today and he advised me that in 10 or so weeks I can probably have my 2 P3P's back. Tomorrow I will find out if Drone-World will do anything on the second unit, which I did purchase crash insurance on from that company. If not, maybe by Christmas, when my 2 should be back to me, the kinks will all be smoothed out and I can sell them to some sucker that really really believes this is the absolute best drone on the market, and buy an Inspire. Not trolling or knocking, just giving the facts.

The P3P is an incredible machine. I've had two crash, real bad, in the last month. It will one day probably work fine once all the bugs are fixed. I'm not a novice by any means either. Sometimes bad things just happen for no reason, sometimes they happen twice. I spoke with a DJI rep today and he advised me that in 10 or so weeks I can probably have my 2 P3P's back. Tomorrow I will find out if Drone-World will do anything on the second unit, which I did purchase crash insurance on from that company. If not, maybe by Christmas, when my 2 should be back to me, the kinks will all be smoothed out and I can sell them to some sucker that really really believes this is the absolute best drone on the market, and buy an Inspire. Not trolling or knocking, just giving the facts.
By that time the P3 may be obsolete and we may be on the next version--- :D:D

Reactions: JKDSensei
Screw airplane mode.. get a tablet. The bigger image is a HUGE bonus
I have an ipad myself-- but still fly on airplane mode-- Screw the other apps and crap from missing with the processors.

The other apps are still there, and still running. Airplane mode only shuts off the radio. At best, it give your battery more run time. But if thats an issue you shouldnt really be flying with it anyway! The last thing anyone needs is a tablet battery to die mid-flight!

The other apps are still there, and still running. Airplane mode only shuts off the radio. At best, it give your battery more run time. But if thats an issue you shouldnt really be flying with it anyway! The last thing anyone needs is a tablet battery to die mid-flight!
Some of the other apps are accessing the internet-- or the internet is accessing the app-- I don't need that-- so mine will be on airplane mode.:D

I missed this thread! Good thing I finally found it, though. I have your answer! If you're scared.......... don't buy it!

No charge.

The reliablility of the Phantom may be the least of your concerns.

Don't delay. BUY NOW! I spoke with the FAA just a few days ago. Discussion is going on in every FAA office and around the nation as to what to do about "these evil drones". There are a surprising number of mis-informed drone haters out there. I would be surprised if nothing changes. I expect within the next 6 months for some new rules to be popped out that will take at least some of the fun and freedom out of it.....if not make it more expensive....so get it now and have a blast before the fun Police ground us all.

Good luck.

Reactions: oal331 and bobmyers
The reliablility of the Phantom may be the least of your concerns.

Don't delay. BUY NOW! I spoke with the FAA just a few days ago. Discussion is going on in every FAA office and around the nation as to what to do about "these evil drones". There are a surprising number of mis-informed drone haters out there. I would be surprised if nothing changes. I expect within the next 6 months for some new rules to be popped out that will take at least some of the fun and freedom out of it.....if not make it more expensive....so get it now and have a blast before the fun Police ground us all.

Good luck.
Ya... Gotta disagree. This is coming up constantly. And frankly, there is no way suddenly "police" it now. We have had cameras on RC aircraft for 20+ years. For better than 10 years we have been able to fly literally MILES without radio issues. Drones are nothing special, just slower moving. Congress will have to make the move before the FAA can even talk.. and they couldnt care less.
Just my 2 cents though.

Ya... Gotta disagree. This is coming up constantly. And frankly, there is no way suddenly "police" it now. We have had cameras on RC aircraft for 20+ years. For better than 10 years we have been able to fly literally MILES without radio issues. Drones are nothing special, just slower moving. Congress will have to make the move before the FAA can even talk.. and they couldnt care less.
Just my 2 cents though.
The FAA pretty well has the upper hand to make any regulation they choose based on the current laws. The only thing Congress can do is pass another law that will nullify the specific regulation. The laws are passed and then implemented thru the regulation agencies. Yes, the FAA could make it very difficult to fly these type of air craft almost anywhere by expanding the no fly or restricted zones.
That is my two cents.. NEXT!:D:D

A year ago DJI was reported to be selling 30,000 Phantoms per month.
[link], [link]
And how many problems have you read about here? Maybe a couple of dozen in the past two or three years?
People rarely come to the forums to say that "I had another amazing, yet uneventful flight today".

Go to http://www.flytrex.com/explore/ and count how many flights have been logged in the past hour worldwide. I counted 10. Then think about how many drone owners even have a Flytrex Live unit on their aircraft? Generously, 10%? That would mean more than 100 flights in just the past hour.

Keep the scare stories in perspective.
And buy a tracker. It's cheap insurance.
If you post any bad complaints on this forum about your drone the adminisrators delete your comments. Perhaps that is why you only see happy people on here. If you have a drone that doesn't work it would make any person mad. They won't let you be mad here. Only positive comments are allowed I know. I have had my threads erased on two occasions. And yes I was bitching because it doesn't work. My problems stemed from updating the firmware. Its been in the DJI repair for eight weeks.

If you post any bad complaints on this forum about your drone the adminisrators delete your comments. Perhaps that is why you only see happy people on here. If you have a drone that doesn't work it would make any person mad. They won't let you be mad here. Only positive comments are allowed I know. I have had my threads erased on two occasions. And yes I was bitching because it doesn't work. My problems stemed from updating the firmware. Its been in the DJI repair for eight weeks.
That statement is complete nonsense-- you haven't been around enough to even make a statement like that-- there are plenty of complaints posted here--more than I like to see-- and I have complained a few times my self --Cheers I apologize for being positive:):) and not posting a complaint.

Reactions: snerd
In actuality, its just the opposite! Its far more often to see the positive poster get reamed by all the poor souls that DO have issues. Their only grounds.. just because YOURS flys good doesn't mean any others do! The 1.2.6 FW update was a perfect example. MAYBE 20% of the P3s out there had issues, but god forbid you be one of the 80% and say something about it!! All hell would break loose!

Reactions: imadago and snerd
In actuality, its just the opposite! Its far more often to see the positive poster get reamed by all the poor souls that DO have issues. Their only grounds.. just because YOURS flys good doesn't mean any others do! The 1.2.6 FW update was a perfect example. MAYBE 20% of the P3s out there had issues, but god forbid you be one of the 80% and say something about it!! All hell would break loose!
I wonder if he's reading the same forums as I am?! Nothing but complaints around here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj