Afraid to order with all these problems. .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I was almost ready to order my P3P before few days until I came here to this forum and reading all these hundreds of posts with Dji's problems.

Drones missing, uncontrollable phantoms, flyaway, apps crashing in both I ios and Android, etc. ..

Finally is there anyone satisfied 100% with no problems or there ?

When spending almost 2000€ for the bird with batteries and case, such problems are not acceptable, righ or not ?

What do you propose to do ? Stay away from P3P for a while until Dji solves the problems or go to another solution like Solo ?

Eddie

Reactions: Jacques Sauvé
As others have stated, people tend to complain about a problem much quicker than they go to a message board and say everything is fine. I have never had a problem.

I'm sure there are legit flyaways or problems, but often if you read about a flyaway, it says something like "I was on my second flight, flying about 400', 3000' away",,,,people flying way past their skill level,,or they have never done a compass calibration, or did it by something metal.

Again, I'm not saying there arent some issues,,but the vast majority of people flying phantom's are probable fine (I can't speak to the numbers)

I've flown for 4 hours so far with no issues (and that's using the two latest firmwares). I guess you're always likely to read more problematic posts than positive posts...people tend to write about problems and not successes - so I wouldn't get too concerned about it.

Reactions: oal331
Just ordered my second P3P. While I have had a few problems with the new app, the P3 is still a quality machine and ahead of the competition so far. IMHO

I was almost ready to order my P3P before few days until I came here to this forum and reading all these hundreds of posts with Dji's problems.
Drones missing, uncontrollable phantoms, flyaway, apps crashing in both Ios and Android, etc. ..
Believe it or not, the majority of P3 owners are happily flying and experiencing no problems or only minor glitches.
The Phantom 3 is a fabulous machine and there's nothing in the market that can come close for features or price.

Very few issues with my P3P. Had a shaky camera issue a few weeks ago and I think it was my fault when I left the gimble protector on when I powered up. Latest firmware update took care of it. Last night had some odd interference that made the video staticky. I'm 100+ flights in and it has done very, very well thus far. This forum has made me nervous as well. Seems like I get a lot more apprehensive with flights now than I did before I starting reading this forum. Just need to remember that very few people report uneventful smooth flights.

My P3P has been great so far. I wouldn't be worried about a few hundred posts since that represents a very small number of Phantom owners. Now, if it was tens of thousands of posts, then you should start to worry :)

Drones missing, uncontrollable phantoms, flyaway, apps crashing in both I ios and Android, etc. ..

When spending almost 2000€ for the bird with batteries and case, such problems are not acceptable, righ or not ?

What do you propose to do ? Stay away from P3P for a while until Dji solves the problems or go to another solution like Solo ?

Eddie
I have made some 70+ flights under a number of conditions and have not experienced any problems (that was not of my own making). Most of the problems that seem to crop up are where people just don't seem to want to read the manual in it's entirety and then completely understand the technology behind the various systems before flying or before trying a new procedure. I find the P3P a very solid performer. I am not happy with the fact that DJI forces you to make software upgrades without asking.

I have a p3p and have really enjoyed it. Aside from the earlier vps issues, that were resolved in the latest firmware, I've really had no problem. Yes I too have read the forums and can understand why you're hesitant. It's an expensive piece of equipment with some pretty cool features. In my opinion as long as you follow the pre flight checklist, which can be found in other threads, you shouldn't have a problem.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1439819738.949916.jpg

Solo has a long way to go.. also heaps more expensive.

I have had my P3A coming up to 3 weeks this week, apart from being sceptical on if I should update to the latest 1.3.20 firmware or not I give it a 110% thumbs up.

No issue's whatsoever, flies like a champ, oh oh oh I do have one issue though and it has nothing to do with the P3 but the stupid DJI GO app which bugs out, have been using my Note 4 and yet to try my Note 10.1 and S6 Edge so fingers crossed it works better on these 2.

I have had in total 56 flights, 6hrs 45min flight time and flight total of 105898.4ft distance (looking at the flight record as I type this up.

Me.... 100% satisfied, never had a glitch, i have 3 drones, 2 from other brands, for other purposes... Nothing is as stable and nice as the Phantom....
Buy it..!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

me. 110% satisfied. P3P all stock. follow this forum. update firmware as discussed in forum and via DJI site. follow pre-flight checklist to the letter, there are good ones here...and you won't experience the problems reported. im 33 flights in, all good.

Same here for everything. I am 33 flights into it as well!

@oal331 Please don't let this Forum discourage you from getting that amazing aircraft. I think at some point we may all encounter a issue but with all this knowledge on this Forum alone, I'm sure you'd be back up in the air in no time. I absolutely love my Phantom 3 and can't wait to see what will be next...Go ahead and hit that buy button, you won't be disappointed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj