Afraid to order with all these problems. .

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% happy. I had the p2v+ and was not thrilled with it, lots of glitches and connection issues. My p3p has been flawless. Like mentioned in the previous posts follow your preflight checklist and make sure to do the calibrations as needed. Me personally I wait a few days before doing the updates when they come out just to make sure there good. There's always gonna be a issue here and there with anything new but I think DJI really did there research on this model vs previous ones. Don't wait get it, you won't regret it....

Dave

I was almost ready to order my P3P before few days until I came here to this forum and reading all these hundreds of posts with Dji's problems.

Drones missing, uncontrollable phantoms, flyaway, apps crashing in both I ios and Android, etc. ..

Finally is there anyone satisfied 100% with no problems or there ?

When spending almost 2000€ for the bird with batteries and case, such problems are not acceptable, righ or not ?

What do you propose to do ? Stay away from P3P for a while until Dji solves the problems or go to another solution like Solo ?

Eddie

No issues here.

Reactions: dkyacht
Thank you all for your answers. It is true that negative posts and problems making too much noise than few positive ones.

I'm coming from Home Cockpit simulator hobby, in the past there was only one company with software for cockpit. For many years a new version was fixing something, but new or old issues was coming again. But with phantom a bad version of software can cost a lot of money, instead a bad version in flight simulator that cost you only lost flight time !

I know from checklists, I follow them as needed, I know that a phantom is fat away from competition, but I felt a little unsafe with all these posts and problems. Professional owners, using Phantom or Inspire they will not accept such problems and issues, as they don't have the time to wait another firmware or app version.

Thanks

Eddie

Reactions: dkyacht
No regrets here. I've owned my P3A for about 6 weeks and I'm loving it. I've done lots of flying with no major problems. I will say, however, that I've put in much more time reading/studying than flying & I believe that is a critical success factor. Knowledge is key, as is the understanding that sometimes sh1t will happen that is out of our control so I do drills to make sure I'm ready to respond appropriately if things go wrong.

P3A, Goodle Nexus 2013 v2, updated to latest firmware & app. Microraptor backpack, Taco ND filters, Inspire tablet holder.

Reactions: oal331 and D4T_PoM
No regrets here. I've owned my P3A for about 6 weeks and I'm loving it. I've done lots of flying with no major problems. I will say, however, that I've put in much more time reading/studying than flying & I believe that is a critical success factor. Knowledge is key, as is the understanding that sometimes sh1t will happen that is out of our control so I do drills to make sure I'm ready to respond appropriately if things go wrong.

P3A, Goodle Nexus 2013 v2, updated to latest firmware & app. Microraptor backpack, Taco ND filters, Inspire tablet holder.

+1

A year ago DJI was reported to be selling 30,000 Phantoms per month.
[link], [link]
And how many problems have you read about here? Maybe a couple of dozen in the past two or three years?
People rarely come to the forums to say that "I had another amazing, yet uneventful flight today".

Go to http://www.flytrex.com/explore/ and count how many flights have been logged in the past hour worldwide. I counted 10. Then think about how many drone owners even have a Flytrex Live unit on their aircraft? Generously, 10%? That would mean more than 100 flights in just the past hour.

Keep the scare stories in perspective.
And buy a tracker. It's cheap insurance.

I'm 97 flights in with almost 500,000 ft on my first P3P. No issues. Super happy with it.

Reactions: oal331
Google any product(s) you own and have had good luck or results with and see how many complaints or reported issues they have.
How do they compare to your experience(s)?

I can say hands down the P3 is completely phenomenal, this coming from someone who flies every day all day filming houses, construction sites, nature, inspections etc. It is light years of anything else on the market. That being said yes I had major FPV video lagging problems in the previous version of the DJI tablet app and now I'm having a random video disconnect issue which is a major bug in the new DJI GO app but at the end of the day I know DJI will fix it and it will be flawless again. Even with those two issues you still won't find anything better out there.

It's an excellent unit with a few hooks. Most issues are likely to be user induced. The only issue I have is the horizon is not level but I have -1.2 gimbal adjustment set as a temporary fix. Other than that, everything else runs smoothly for me.

me. 110% satisfied. P3P all stock. follow this forum. update firmware as discussed in forum and via DJI site. follow pre-flight checklist to the letter, there are good ones here...and you won't experience the problems reported. im 33 flights in, all good.

153 flights in. Zero issues. You always hear the squeaky wheel.

Reactions: JohnK and oal331
A year ago DJI was reported to be selling 30,000 Phantoms per month.
[link], [link]
And how many problems have you read about here? Maybe a couple of dozen in the past two or three years?
People rarely come to the forums to say that "I had another amazing, yet uneventful flight today".

Go to http://www.flytrex.com/explore/ and count how many flights have been logged in the past hour worldwide. I counted 10. Then think about how many drone owners even have a Flytrex Live unit on their aircraft? Generously, 10%? That would mean more than 100 flights in just the past hour.

Keep the scare stories in perspective.
And buy a tracker. It's cheap insurance.
To add to the above... Quite often you see here the few positive posts and so many people jump all over it. Its almost not worth trying to be positive! I cant say that I have even once had a problem with my bird. She has flown like a dream in every situation she has been put in to. Range issues are non existent, in all directions. Video is near perfect. Stable out of the box. And I have never had problems with updates. 100% satisfied?? Absolutely!! Cant wait to start testing the new features coming!

buy it, like i just did, and have fun!

Reactions: III% Streve
Four months of great flights with my P3P! I'm on the very-latest version of Android-everything this week and it still works well.

I've had absolutely no problems with mines. I've flown it in winds 20mph+ carried it in a tennis bag and checked it on flight thank God everything was still in tact but when your flying it adhere to the cautions and signals don't be foolish like some people flying it out far and the batt is about to die

Reactions: oal331 and dkyacht
I've only had time to fly once since I received mine a couple weeks ago. But I decided to bring it on the road with me (I travel all over the country inspecting pipelines). I thought this would be a good opportunity to fly some more.

And after reading much much more, I've come to the conclusion not to do anything stupid, play it safe, and maybe my P3P won't try and fly home to China.

Reactions: oal331 and dkyacht
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic