Aerial Freaks Cyclops Vision Brushless Gimbal

Piranha said:
go to the phantom gimbal settings page and change pitch gain from 20 to zero

Did that, but still control of the pitch from Vision app fails.

When in Vision assistant Gimbal tab, changing the Pitch center value from 0 to 200 or -200 changed camera position. But the slider in Vision app showing camera pitch is all up position. Taking pictures works, but that's a function taking place all in camera. Changing pitch command goes from app to WiFi in camera, to NAZA-M (?) and then to the gimbal? And this route does not work...

AnselA said:
When in Vision assistant Gimbal tab, changing the Pitch center value from 0 to 200 or -200 changed camera position.
It only means that alexmos controller is working good and there is a physical connection between naza and gimbal board is ok!

Changing pitch command goes from app to WiFi in camera, to NAZA-M (?) and then to the gimbal? And this route does not work...
I am not 100% sure how signal transferring.
My initial thought was that iPhone app just transmit signal not to the camera but to the phantom transmitter and then transmitter just send pitch change command wia standard rc protocol to naza receiver (btw you can find the hole in the transmitter backside somewhere downside where is a small potentiometer inside the whole which you can try to rotate by screwdriver and see how pitch of the gimbal will react (dji sell special plastic part to control pitch of the gimbal by this pot))

But if your teary about
Changing pitch command goes from app to WiFi in camera, to NAZA-M (?) and then to the gimbal? And this route does not work...
is right
That can only means bad connection between camera jack connector on the way back in to the Phantom body - try to push it little bit more all the way in to the camera or even shave some white plastic around shape connector

Piranha said:
AnselA said:
When in Vision assistant Gimbal tab, changing the Pitch center value from 0 to 200 or -200 changed camera position.
It only means that alexmos controller is working good and there is a physical connection between naza and gimbal board is ok!

I agree.

Piranha said:
I am not 100% sure how signal transferring.
My initial thought was that iPhone app just transmit signal not to the camera but to the phantom transmitter and then transmitter just send pitch change command wia standard rc protocol to naza receiver (btw you can find the hole in the transmitter backside somewhere downside where is a small potentiometer inside the whole which you can try to rotate by screwdriver and see how pitch of the gimbal will react (dji sell special plastic part to control pitch of the gimbal by this pot))

WiFi works on 2.4 GHz band and P2V TX/RX on 5.8 GHz band, so phone cannot communicate directly to the receiver. My guess is that pitch commands from phone are received in camera and sent forward to NAZA. The only way is the white cable having four contacts. There could be bad soldering in a plug or on the gimbal circuit board?

Postings on this forum have told that the 7th channel pitch control potentiometer inside of Vision TX, does not work anymore with current firmware (> 1.08) I have 3.04.

:cry:

That's weird that it won't work on the P2V. I certainly wouldn't think a company like DJI would completely make a new fuselage just for the P2V+. Glad I waited to order it. Does anyone out there have both Phantom Vision models to explain why the P2V+ landing gear won't interchange with the P2V landing gear?

dirkclod said:
Drummer Boy said:
I'm pretty sure they should fit the P2V fuselage. Can someone confirm that for sure? With those landing gears on you might still be able to fit the P2V in the GOPROFESSIONAL case.
Just chatted on dji site and the said they would not work on my PV2. I would think they would :?

I think the person there just answered aaccording to the given specification. The body of phantom is same so the atacements must be same. I bet it fits.

That is my thinking too. There not that expensive. I just might order a set and try them. :D

dave21 said:
I think the person there just answered aaccording to the given specification. The body of phantom is same so the atacements must be same. I bet it fits.

Hi Guys

I got my gimbal today and this is probably a stupid question but where do I find the licenced Alexmos Gimbal Software? I have looked everywhere in the packaging and cannot find it. Hoping someone can help.

Cheers

loquacious said:
Hi Guys

I got my gimbal today and this is probably a stupid question but where do I find the licenced Alexmos Gimbal Software? I have looked everywhere in the packaging and cannot find it. Hoping someone can help.

Cheers

I believe the "Licensed" software is imbedded in the controller. It's what controls the gimbal, you don't download or install it...

Licensed firmware uploaded to the board, but for fine tune and change some settings you just need to download gui software from basecam web page

Just received and installed my gimbal, and I'm amazed out how well it works out of the box! I can't figure out how to change the settings to enable a "direct downward" (0 deg vertical) angle though. Did you guys have to modify as-shipped settings? I've tried different SimpleBC software parameters (Basic and RC), PV Assistant, etc. and looked for a correlating adjustment.....nothing works. Any suggestions?

Robzzz said:
Just received and installed my gimbal, and I'm amazed out how well it works out of the box! I can't figure out how to change the settings to enable a "direct downward" (0 deg vertical) angle though. Did you guys have to modify as-shipped settings? I've tried different SimpleBC software parameters (Basic and RC), PV Assistant, etc. and looked for a correlating adjustment.....nothing works. Any suggestions?

I haven't done this yet but I believe it get's it's tilt commands from the Phantom itself so you would adjust this in the Phantom assist software.

Well I installed my gimbal this morning. However when I plug it into the computer to refine settings WITHOUT powering up my Phantom I find my gimbal moves in a "rocking" type motion back and forth, not a great deal of movement but noticeable and slow. It stabilizes if I turn the actual Phantom on.

Is this normal or have I missed something? I cannot take it out to test it in flight as it is WAY too windy today. I have included a pic of my settings.

Thanks guys !!!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 362
loquacious said:
Well I installed my gimbal this morning. However when I plug it into the computer to refine settings WITHOUT powering up my Phantom I find my gimbal moves in a "rocking" type motion back and forth, not a great deal of movement but noticeable and slow. It stabilizes if I turn the actual Phantom on.

Is this normal or have I missed something? I cannot take it out to test it in flight as it is WAY too windy today. I have included a pic of my settings.

Thanks guys !!!

My guess: The gimbal motors cannot get enough power via USB. Have you tried "MOTORS ON/OFF" button?

Take props off, then it's safe to power on your Phantom indoors.

AnselA said:
loquacious said:

Thanks guys !!!

My guess: The gimbal motors cannot get enough power via USB. Have you tried "MOTORS ON/OFF" button?

Thanks for replying ... I thought it might be a power issue too but was not sure.

Is it safe to power on my Phantom while the gimbal is plugged into the computer?

loquacious said:
AnselA said:
loquacious said:

Thanks guys !!!

Thanks for replying ... I thought it might be a power issue too but was not sure.

Is it safe to power on my Phantom while the gimbal is plugged into the computer?

Yes

Piranha said:
Flintstone said:
I think the Cyclops board trashed something in my camera.

It ca not trashed something in your camera because it is just wire extender goes to your camera transferring same voltage and signals from Phantom original wire!

It ended up being my fault I upgraded the Phantom to 3.04 but failed to upgrade the controller. After the 2nd firmware upgrade it worked fine.

User error! :)

loquacious said:

Thanks guys !!!
I have a question why do so many screenshots have the roll inverted, and not the pitch I have my pitch inverted. Am I missing something

Hello,
Here's a screenshot of my settings. They seem to work okay but I do get some jittery once in a while. Also was wondering why A lot of people have the role invert

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-05 at 10.37.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-05 at 10.37.18 PM.png
    242.6 KB · Views: 464

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing