Aerial Freaks Cyclops Vision Brushless Gimbal

You might just want to consider changing them out for the wide ones when your going through your check list to fly. It's only 8 screws. Then you could transport/store the P2V with the stock skids in the fitted case. I believe I read somewhere that the foam in GOPROFESSIONAL case is water jet cut and is very nicely done. I think if you tried to cut it wider it would look like crap.

cnitschke said:
Drummer Boy said:
Thanks for the link. I really like the stance and ground clearance. Only problem for me is with them installed I don't think the P2V will fit in my fitted GOPROFESSIONAL case. Guess I could swap them for the stock skids when I'm transporting. I believe it's only 4 screws, correct.

cnitschke said:
Here is the link to the wide/tall landing skids as well as some pictures showing the clearance and a picture showing the old skids vs the new

http://victoryhomes.com/landing-skid-upgrade

I think you are right on the fitting issue. I have been looking at cases and this is why I haven't bought a case yet. I am doubtful anyone is going to make a case to accommodate this, but I am curious if the case can be modified easily enough because at this point, I will forgo the case for the clearance and added stability that these skids provide.

Drummer Boy said:
You might just want to consider changing them out for the wide ones when your going through your check list to fly. It's only 8 screws. Then you could transport/store the P2V with the stock skids in the fitted case. I believe I read somewhere that the foam in GOPROFESSIONAL case is water jet cut and is very nicely done. I think if you tried to cut it wider it would look like crap.

cnitschke said:
Drummer Boy said:
Thanks for the link. I really like the stance and ground clearance. Only problem for me is with them installed I don't think the P2V will fit in my fitted GOPROFESSIONAL case. Guess I could swap them for the stock skids when I'm transporting. I believe it's only 4 screws, correct.

It's a little more than that. You also have to attached the magnetic compass and calibrate it each time you move it. I also don't want to mess around with those connections to much as they are a bit fragile. The back 4 screws are obstructed by the gimbal and the plate, so I removed them for better access. Not something you want to do in the field or very often. Especially with tinny fiddly screws.

Yep, When installing mine I dropped on of the screws down into the phantom itself through the hole where the wires come out. It took me the better part of an hour of articulating and shaking the thing before the screw finally dropped out.

cnitschke said:
It's a little more than that. You also have to attached the magnetic compass and calibrate it each time you move it.

...and two RX antennas, which are rather thin... On this wider/higher skids these antennas are not as vertical as on the standard one, which may (?) affect the effiency...

Piranha said:
Rivrusk said:
Thank you for your evaluation of the video. Agree with you that to get it much better it must be edited on the PC afterwards.
Man, your last video is really smooth!!! Good results!!

Here is my last video, little bit edited, shortened and add some basic software stab just to get ride of yaw phantom hunting!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmy4rPGQDwI[/youtube]
Okay here's a question, I changed my settings to what you have in the video. Everything looks great until I pick up speed. Then the gamble starts to shake until I Slowdown. Any suggestions

Thanks

Cyclops user manual tells:

"Signal tilt wire input
(plug in right direction)"

but it's difficult to interpret which way is "right"

My gimbal seems do gimbal functions but commanding tilt from app does nothing. Up or down, nothing.

My tilt wire is like in the picture (click to enlarge). Is it right?

Or any ideas what else could be wrong?

Attachments

• tilt_wire.jpg
    tilt_wire.jpg
    360 KB · Views: 357
Can't tell by your photo which of the four three pin male plugs your using but the tilt cable needs to be plugged into the one closest to the front with the exposed connection slots facing the rear. Hope this helps. Color instructions at this link.
http://aerialfreaks.com/manual/User%20M ... hantom.pdf

AnselA said:
Cyclops user manual tells:

"Signal tilt wire input
(plug in right direction)"

but it's difficult to interpret which way is "right"

My gimbal seems do gimbal functions but commanding tilt from app does nothing. Up or down, nothing.

My tilt wire is like in the picture (click to enlarge). Is it right?

Or any ideas what else could be wrong?

Drummer Boy said:
Can't tell by your photo which of the four three pin male plugs your using but the tilt cable needs to be plugged into the one closest to the front with the exposed connection slots facing the rear. Hope this helps.

That's the way I have connected it...

Anybody else using Android app (1.0.50)? (Can't imagine it could the reason.)

AnselA said:
Drummer Boy said:
Can't tell by your photo which of the four three pin male plugs your using but the tilt cable needs to be plugged into the one closest to the front with the exposed connection slots facing the rear. Hope this helps.

I just received my 3rd gimbal after the first two had issues. Just tried the tilt function on my android phone running version 1.0.50 of the app and the tilt function works fine.

;) how about checking the other end of the plug where it connects to the Phantom?

harpo1 said:
AnselA said:
Drummer Boy said:

I just received my 3rd gimbal after the first two had issues. Just tried the tilt function on my android phone running version 1.0.50 of the app and the tilt function works fine.

harpo1 said:
AnselA said:
Drummer Boy said:

Thanks, app version is closed out.

My P2V functioned normally before cyclops installation. I will measure the tilt extension cable from pin to pin, tomorrow. If that's OK, then its the AlexMos control board? Or should I start tweaking its software settings?

EDIT: tilt cable extension is OK (measured resistance from pin to pin). Reverted back to original setup (without cyclops), camera tilt works.

EDIT2: Contacted the dealer (HeliDirect). Waiting for their comments/advice.

cnitschke said:
The gear have more flex to them, because they are wider and taller and the material are about the same thickness as stock. That being said, I has a crash from about 20 feet, they protected the gimbal which rides very low with the stock gear, and gave me a little bounce vs either snapping or becoming a stress point on the air frame. They also give a much stabler landing platform over stock. I will try to take a picture and find the link to the specific skids as they may very from vendor to vendor. So far I am wider/Taller skids yes, prop guards no. Added benefit, the new skids solve the problem that I bought the prop guards for which was tipping on landing and loosing props.

Hey guys, DJI introduced P2V+ landing gear as replacement part https://store.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus-landing-gear. Since they are about 1/2 inch taller they might improve the gimbal clearence sufficiently. When I buy my gimbal (waiting for the dealer in EU) I will definetely use them.
cover@2x-29989e3458885bc1af4ff46c93cd8b11.png

I'm pretty sure they should fit the P2V fuselage. Can someone confirm that for sure? With those landing gears on you might still be able to fit the P2V in the GOPROFESSIONAL case.

When I connect to basecam my gimbal jitters and if I move my phantom the gimbal doesn't respond. However when I disconnect it and power on my P2V everything works normal. Is this normal?

Edit: NVM I figured it out.

AnselA said:
Hey, i am sure that it is just unselected rc-settings rc-pich checkbox in basecam software, can you make screenshot of "rc-settings" menu from basecam gui?

Piranha said:
AnselA said:
Hey, i am sure that it is just unselected rc-settings rc-pich checkbox in basecam software, can you make screenshot of "rc-settings" menu from basecam gui?

Thank's for your interest in helping.

Enclosed two screen images Basic and RC-Settings. One difference I noticed compared to your settings as in:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16300&start=110#p160722
is that in your settings, the motor configuration ROLL is inverted, PITCH is not. In settings as delivered to me, ROLL is NOT inverted, PITCH is INVERTED ???

Attachments

• Basic-settings-org.JPG
    Basic-settings-org.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 434
  • RC-settings-org.JPG
    RC-settings-org.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 406
AnselA said:
In settings as delivered to me, ROLL is NOT inverted, PITCH is INVERTED ???
It should not affect your pitch behavior from application, hm rc-settings looks ok
Did you set phantom gimbal gain setting to zero in Phantom assistant?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT