Aerial Freaks Cyclops Vision Brushless Gimbal

Nasscar][ said:
I bought 2ea myself. One had an issue and the 2nd one worked flawless from day one.

As soon as I get back from training I'm going to send the one in with issues for a replacement.

Nas,

Did you purchase them from Helidirect? If so, are they good on standing behind what they sell?

Drummer Boy said:
Nasscar][ said:
I bought 2ea myself. One had an issue and the 2nd one worked flawless from day one.

As soon as I get back from training I'm going to send the one in with issues for a replacement.

Nas,

Did you purchase them from Helidirect? If so, are they good on standing behind what they sell?

I bought mine from them and they replaced it. The process takes a few days once the item is returned to them. I have a ticket in now for my replacement one since it won't power the p2v camera. Hopefully the third time is a charm.

I ordered one on Saturday from Helidirect's web site. They show in stock but won't know for sure until tomorrow when their open. I would think if they sold out over the weekend it would say.

:
Nasscar][ said:
I have purchased from HeliDirect and I am very impressed with their service.

Nas,

:D Yes, I second that. Ordered from the Internet on Saturday over night to the west coast. They are closed Saturday & Sunday. Received email today ( Monday) that it shipped. Fed Ex will be delivering it tomorrow. They got on it first thing. Can't beat that.

I downgraded from the latest firmware to 1.08 yesterday. Now it seems like gimbals are much less stable. Can that be right that the firmware on the Phantom may have something to say on the stability of the gimbal?

Rivrusk said:
I downgraded from the latest firmware to 1.08 yesterday. Now it seems like gimbals are much less stable. Can that be right that the firmware on the Phantom may have something to say on the stability of the gimbal?

You know I was just thinking that today and i got on to do some research on the firmware updates.. and it states right in the release info that it add support for heavier payloads.. now that could be anything but it kinda makes since if you just downgraded.
Im still running 2.0 and im having the vibration and stability issues. Im going to upgrade tonight to the 3.04 just so i can test the Way Point system. I curious if all my problems go away or if i get bigger ones.

Piranha what version are you running?

macuser13 said:
Rivrusk said:

You know I was just thinking that today and i got on to do some research on the firmware updates.. and it states right in the release info that it add support for heavier payloads.. now that could be anything but it kinda makes since if you just downgraded.
Im still running 2.0 and im having the vibration and stability issues. Im going to upgrade tonight to the 3.04 just so i can test the Way Point system. I curious if all my problems go away or if i get bigger ones.

Piranha what version are you running?

That is interesting! Maybe that's your problem. You must let us know if it helps to upgrade.

Sure will! Just did the upgrade and did a 2 min test flight in the yard and it seems to help just from looking at it but I'm going to the test area now to do an long flight and test waypoints! This time I will record my results! Be back in a couple hours. :)

Guys,

While I'm away for training and I can't mess around with my Vision and new gimbal I was wondering if anyone has tried attaching a Bluetooth board the the gimbal controller for remote programming from your CPU, android or IOS device?

Nas,

Ok so i went out and tested the gimbal with the updated firmware 3.04 with the waypoint system, and i have to say that it did help out alot. but..... i do every now and then get that random shaking in the gimbal and it goes away. im going to take Piranha advice and try to adjust the basic gains again in the phantom software. it defaulted everything back to the 110% and i did not have my laptop with me out where i tested it. so i will see if i can tweak the settings and see how that goes.... but overall i do believe that the update did help with the vibrations.

:D Received my Cyclops Gimbal from Helidirect today and I must say that I'm very impressed with the fit and finish of the gimbal. It's top notch and the packaging is also pretty cool. The metal CNC machined parts are very clean and precise. If it works as good as it looks I'll be a happy camper. Now, I just need time install it and try it.

Drummer Boy said:
:D Received my Cyclops Gimbal from Helidirect today and I must say that I'm very impressed with the fit and finish of the gimbal. It's top notch and the packaging is also pretty cool. The metal CNC machined parts are very clean and precise. If it works as good as it looks I'll be a happy camper. Now, I just need time install it and try it.

Sounds great I might have to look into purchasing one for myself!!!

harpo1 said:
Piranha said:
If everything checks fine it should work 100% just once again plug the connector all the way!!! and don't forget to switch camera "on" switch

It's been done several times with no success. Plug the phantom 3.5mm directly into the camera and it works fine. Not sure what the problem is so it's getting returned for a replacement.
I had issues with my camera not being discoverable on my Android tablet after I hooked everything up on the gimbal. I also could disconnect the camera from the gimbal and plug in the original cable and it would work. What I did to make it work was put the camera switch in the ON position not the ON/Wi-Fi turn on the Remote/Range Extender then power up the P2V. Wait about 30 seconds then turn the camera switch from ON to ON with Wi-Fi. I could then see the Phantom in my Wi-Fi list and connect to it. I now had FPV. I think the Cyclops board trashed something in my camera. I sent the Cyclops back hopefully for an exchange and hooked up the camera to the original mount. I still have to put the camera in the ON position and wait for 20-30 seconds before throwing the switch to ON with Wi-Fi. Then every thing works. I had terrible vibrating and gyration start with the gimbal and nothing I could do in the software seemed to help, especially the vibration in the X axis. Sigh....I have paid $300.00 plus shipping and now money to send it back. I have $400.00 tied up waiting what probably will be forever for the Rotorpixel gimbal. I could have sold this one and not spent the money on the gimbals and bought the P2V+.

Hopefully you get one that works.
Fred

loquacious said:
Drummer Boy said:

Sounds great I might have to look into purchasing one for myself!!!

I had the 3dpower gimbal and sold it for the Cyclops Vision. The 3dpower Taco gimbal does not even come close to the quality of the Cyclops Vision, IMHO.

Flintstone said:
I think the Cyclops board trashed something in my camera.

It ca not trashed something in your camera because it is just wire extender goes to your camera transferring same voltage and signals from Phantom original wire!

Quite good result, still can see some small roll axis vibes but you can fine tune it :) Decrease a little bit p and maybe D on roll

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing