Aerial Freaks Cyclops Vision Brushless Gimbal

Not at all :)
Waiting for a new video from you^ it seems that you have such a beautiful place to fly :)

Piranah,
Here is the new video after making software changes. Almost got it. Will post my settings soon.
You can see at the end, the top of the camera hits the CF mounting plate & flops. I trimmed it but will have to do a bit more. I was pushing the limit on the PV2 to see if it would clear. Don't think in normal flight I would reach these extremes.
http://youtu.be/qUuhwhMuC1k

Barry

Camuk said:
hi,
I got my Gimbal today and hooked it up as per the manual and the helpful youtube video! When I switched on for a test (not fly), after a brief shudder the camera steadied then began to drop down and then jerked around madly so I switched off. Same happens each time. Obviously something not right. Do I need to go through the calibration or have missed something simple :(

An ideas and pointers would be great guys, thanks.

Si

Still have not been able to get home to continue work on the Gimbal, but Camuk sounds like he is having the same problem I am. Just starts flipping and turning every other way when I turn it on. I am going to check the connections again when I get home, but I am pretty sure everything is plugged in right.

First off I really want to thank you guys for helping out with this. I am obviously a beginner as I am sure all of you have been, and it means a lot that you guys are hear to help out.

So, got home tonight from work, and found that I somehow had the cables plugged in wrong and it is fixed and the gimble is reaction correctly.

Now I have the Xloader v1.00 and the Simple BGC_GUI, and the Hex file downloaded. I am not really sure how to put all the peices together at this point. I plugged the Gimbal in to the computer with the copter off and the only COM port it gives me is 1. Any time I try to upload the hex file to that port it says it failed. I assume that I am to pick the com port that the Gimbal is on, and upload the firmware to it. Once uploaded I can then open SimpleBGC and enter in settings.

So what am I doing wrong now?

Thanks!!

EDIT: So after digging some more I figured out how to get the everything set up. The Hex file still fails to upload to the COM port, but the software now sees it the Gimbal. I think I made the changes to the settings and I guess will try flying it tomorrow to see what I got. When I hand fly it in my living room moving forward it seems like the Gimbal hits a hold point and it starts doing a weird up and down motion but stops when I level. After the camera is some times corked.

clintnovak, please share your findings:

- What is the HEX file?
- What was the problem with wiring? How I can avoid it?
- "So after digging some more I figured out how to get the everything set up." Please, tell us how did you do it?

(I am still waiting for the gimbal delivery)

clintnovak said:
Camuk said:
hi,
I got my Gimbal today and hooked it up as per the manual and the helpful youtube video! When I switched on for a test (not fly), after a brief shudder the camera steadied then began to drop down and then jerked around madly so I switched off. Same happens each time. Obviously something not right. Do I need to go through the calibration or have missed something simple :(

An ideas and pointers would be great guys, thanks.

Si

Still have not been able to get home to continue work on the Gimbal, but Camuk sounds like he is having the same problem I am. Just starts flipping and turning every other way when I turn it on. I am going to check the connections again when I get home, but I am pretty sure everything is plugged in right.

Hi, When I followed the setting off of one of the screen shots by Mr Piranah it righted itself and behaved. Just a matter of testing to fine tune now... Key setting I think is: top axis should be-Z and right axis -Y. Plus the roll needs to be inverted - see page 15 bottom post and screen shot on page 12 :)

btw my camera does catch on the bracket like someone else says which causes a shudder - but it rights itself ok.

bearmans said:
Piranah,
Here is the new video after making software changes. Almost got it. Will post my settings soon.
You can see at the end, the top of the camera hits the CF mounting plate & flops. I trimmed it but will have to do a bit more. I was pushing the limit on the PV2 to see if it would clear. Don't think in normal flight I would reach these extremes.
http://youtu.be/qUuhwhMuC1k

Barry

That's good man. The results of my first fly are better than your first vid but not as good as your new vid! Yes please share settings :)

S

AnselA said:
clintnovak, please share your findings:

- What is the HEX file?
- What was the problem with wiring? How I can avoid it?
- "So after digging some more I figured out how to get the everything set up." Please, tell us how did you do it?

(I am still waiting for the gimbal delivery)

Once all is said and done I am going to put together a rundown of everything you need to. To me this is not an out of the box plug and play thing.

So this morning I was going back to work on the Gimbal and powered the Phantom up and now the Gimbal does nothing. It has power and I have a red light and green flashing light. But its dead. no movement. What did I do now??

When the Gimbal is plugged in to the computer, it beeps, and the camera jitters back and forth.

clintnovak said:
What did I do now??

When the Gimbal is plugged in to the computer, it beeps, and the camera jitters back and forth.
Just unplug and plug back phantom Jack to the gimbal board (do not forget to switch power of phantom off)

Piranha said:
clintnovak said:
What did I do now??

Just unplug and plug back phantom Jack to the gimbal board (do not forget to switch power of phantom off)

That stopped the beeping.

Still have the issue of when I turn it on, the lights on the Gimbal come on but Gimbal is unresponsive. Hmm.

clintnovak said:
Piranha said:
clintnovak said:
What did I do now??

That stopped the beeping.

Still have the issue of when I turn it on, the lights on the Gimbal come on but Gimbal is unresponsive. Hmm.

With the power off make sure you reseat all your connectors.

.[/quote]

With the power off make sure you reseat all your connectors.[/quote]

Does that mean just disconnect each Gimbal and reconnect it?

clintnovak said:

With the power off make sure you reseat all your connectors.[/quote]

Does that mean just disconnect each Gimbal and reconnect it?[/quote]

Yes just remove each cable then connect them again. Make sure they seat all the way down/in.

I had to remove the Gimbal and put the old one back on because I just dont have enought time before tomorrow to get it working. Will pick up where we left off in a week LoL.

So let me ask this. Its obvious that I am new at this. I have had the P2V since January and its my first Quod. You guys seem to know a lot more then I do. How long have you been doing this? Is this your first Gimbal, and I am just really slow, or have you worked with others and thats how you guys know so much?

Here are my settings that I used for the last video. Still need to trim more off the top of the camera so it doesn't hit. Also, how can I adjust the pitch travel? I would like to reduce the up travel and increase the down. When I tilt it in the house, it will go straight down but in flight it only goes to about 45 Deg.

Barry

Attachments

• settings2.jpg
    settings2.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 433
Here is my last test. I've used the same settings as Piranha used on his first video. I also tried the settings Piranha used on the last video but it was not successful for me.

http://youtu.be/19kO2u2dUkg

Attachments

• Gimbalset.jpg
    Gimbalset.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 379
Piranah,

Some how, while trying to increase down travel, I lost my manual control of the camera, that is, I cannot tilt it via my ipad mini. It reacts to drone movement okay. I think I might of messed up a setting in advance in the simple bgc software. Can you screen shot for me the advance screen?
Thanks!
Hope I didn't burn something out...
Correction. I messed up something in the "rc settings". I got back some control but it is sluggish. Screen shot of RC SETTINGS please.

Barry

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT