Aerial Freaks Cyclops Vision Brushless Gimbal

Installed the cyclops today and it went well but when I loaded the settings from the prior installers, I get a few problems. I matched the settings exact but, when I tilt the PV2 to the left as facing it, the RH top of the camera hits the CF mounting plate and the camera drops 90degs. to the left and stays there till I move it by hand to center then it will stay there. Also, full down tilt, it shakes at a high rate till I move it back by hand. Any suggestions?

Barry

After typing above, I noticed that the main mounting arm was all the way up. Loosened the screws and slid it down all the way. It works better but still hits. If I tilt the camera down a bit so the top of the camera misses the CF plate, it works as it should but the least bit of contact and it goes limp. It still jitters when pointed all the way down.

bearmans said:
I matched the settings exact but, when I tilt the PV2 to the left as facing it, the RH top of the camera hits the CF mounting plate and the camera drops 90degs. Any suggestions?

Barry

Beleive me, in flight your phantom will never reach such extreme tilt angles, if only it is not falling down ;) anyway there are two screws on the back of the vertical Cnc roll motor holder, you can adjust height

Piranha said:
bearmans said:
I matched the settings exact but, when I tilt the PV2 to the left as facing it, the RH top of the camera hits the CF mounting plate and the camera drops 90degs. Any suggestions?

Barry

Beleive me, in flight your phantom will never reach such extreme tilt angles, if only it is not falling down ;) anyway there are two screws on the back of the vertical Cnc roll motor holder, you can adjust height
Piranha,
Will install the props and take it out. Desk flying does go to extremes... Will let you know. Thanks again for being the first to try this and the posting of your settings. Any suggestions on the full down jitters?

Piranha said:
bearmans said:
Any suggestions on the full down jitters?

Check that jack connector and wire does not hit any gimbal parts when tilting down

Wires & jack don't hit but, found that the tilt motor wires are bare where they cross over the motor support arm. (Correction... Not tilt motor wires. Wires go to a small aluminum box under the camera mount.)Will put some silicone on them to seal them. Flew the PV2 and the top left of the camera ( as you are looking at it from the front) still hits and flops down. I lowered the support arm so will have to shave a bit off of the camera so it clears. If the camera is tilted forward and I go sideways, the camera clears and doesn't flop. Also, lost camera connection while in flight. Landed, pulled camera connector from back of board, reconnected and it came back. Poor connection in board. Will keep an eye on that.

bearmans said:
So, here is the video of my first flight
Not good...

Hope the link works.
Not bad actually! Just little bit higher gains on roll, please show me screen shot from basecam gui (basic page)

Here is the screen shot of my settings.

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 390
So today I finally found time to hook up the Gimbal, but when I turn on the copter it goes crazy.

Any thoughts?

Piranha said:
Anyway here my settings for my first video, but I Am sure that they are not optimal, need some more playing with gimbal
___image.jpg

Ok, I think I am missing a step. Is this separate software or is this built in to the DJI assistant software?

clintnovak said:
Piranha said:
Anyway here my settings for my first video, but I Am sure that they are not optimal, need some more playing with gimbal
___image.jpg

Ok, I think I am missing a step. Is this separate software or is this built in to the DJI assistant software?

It is a separate program to control the gimbal. Google simple bgc and download the software. You will also need the virtual comm port driver to go with it. There are 2 so get the one that pertains to your system.
Barry

bearmans said:
clintnovak said:
Piranha said:
___image.jpg

It is a separate program to control the gimbal. Google simple bgc and download the software. You will also need the virtual comm port driver to go with it. There are 2 so get the one that pertains to your system.
Barry

Thanks Barry,

I will do that when I get home.

Would this have anything to do with it going crazy when turned on?

Wish there was step by step instructions on this.

clintnovak said:

Could you be more specific on your problem?
Are you sure that you connect motors in a right way? I mean roll motor to the roll socket, pitch into the pitch??

Piranha said:
Rivrusk said:
Anyone know what it could be due to?

what is your roll pid and power settings?
could you share screen shot from base cam GUI ?

Here are my settings. Any suggestion?

Attachments

• gimbal2.JPG
    gimbal2.JPG
    161.4 KB · Views: 403
bearmans said:
Piranha said:
Just try to reduce roll power to something near 100 d to 7-8

Thanks Piranha, will give it a go.
Happy Fathers Day!!
Barry

Not at all man :)
The main Idea is that if the axis shakes fast gains are to high (P and power acts almost the same)

anyway good starting point to fine tune the controller is here http://www.basecamelectronics.com/compa ... ?newsid=69
Actualy it is not that simple to get good working brushless system right out of the box, Aerial freaks just upload some settings that could be a starting point to start with
There are so many things which affect brushless system, strting from weather conditions (wind, temperature and so on) finishing with old unbalanced propellers and gain settings of Phantom itself so if you want to get a good result you should be prepared to spent some time to tune the system :)

Piranha said:
clintnovak said:

Could you be more specific on your problem?
Are you sure that you connect motors in a right way? I mean roll motor to the roll socket, pitch into the pitch??

Roll is side to side and pitch is up and down.

Both motors just start twitching and spinning. Flipping camera upside down. All over the place.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT