Advice on litchi screen recorder

Reaction score
Hello all. I decided to go long today with my p3p with relatively no flight time the last 2weeks after the famous missing bird on a bad day. Anyway. I went back to same location as wind was only 5mph. Thought I would use litchi but it turned out horrible. First, from the beginning the video is choppy even at 2 feet away from me. Also i noticed after recording it saves all the telemetry on that video to the device not to the actual sd card. So I gave it a shot. The first time I lost all signal at about 4k feet from the video below. The next time I made it to 9000 ft choppy video and the entire app crashed. I tried in vein to get a signal. Opened and closed it. Even tried to open dji go app. No luck. I flew back from
Almost 10..000 feet blind until I saw it in the distance. No video. No fpv. Nothing. Once in a while I would hear the rth sound. But I just kept hitting it to make sure it was coming back and would go full throttle to boot. Any advice how to get telemetry In video without this kind of nightmare. Healthy drone with dashware overlay too tedious. Just wished litchi would cooperate. Here is my link to video. Useless I must say.
SkyPixel

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Tony iOS or Android? You have been doing this longer than i have but I believe under these circumstances I would have shutdown the device and the radio to insure it was coming back. After a minute I would have kicked everything back on and tried to regain the connection. I made the mistake of hitting RTH twice.. When you press it again it cancels.. Then it just hovers.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

True hitting again cancels. But I hit it twice. I'm always listening for the two beeps which indicates it's returning. So no issue on that. I would never use the shut down Remote thing as not only would you be blind. But now you don't hear the beeps. With hope it might reconnect. As long as the remote is beeping. Never shut it down. I like to assist the return to home by having throttle up. Important to know which way is foward on Ac instead of 22 mph. I'm always over 35. This is the recording that I could not see. It came out ok. But I was actually blind the entire flight. This was saved on the SD card.

I use iOS. Looks like litchi is not stable on the iPhone.

The basis app yea. But I tried using screen recorder. Just when I was about 10k. It crashed. Could not get the app To restart. All that data from screen recorder was lost. I made it back as the recorded item is not saves to card. Only device. It was shaking from the very beginning of video. Choppy. Never did I see that before. I was only 5 feet away.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl