Advice Needed: I need a portable landing pad/area...

I use this 6ft carpet circle, easy to roll out and soft for landing.

Attachments

• Pad.png
    Pad.png
    433.5 KB · Views: 478
I went to Home Depot and bought a 4' x 4' x 1" sheet foam insulation with one side that has tin-foil on its face. I cut it in half and put the halls back to back with the tin-foil pointing outwards. Then I used some Gorilla Tape (super heavy-duty duck tape) around the edges. I went around twice to make sure it stays.
You could use 1 sheet also but 2 are better in windy conditions. It only weighs about a pound and is easy to carry. You can install a rope handle on two sides if you want.

Reactions: BlackOpsTeamster
It's just too easy to tip over when landing - I always hand catch, and use my case for takeoff when there's no hard surface around.

Reactions: Fplvert
I went to Home Depot and bought a sheet of 1 1/2" insulation. It's the styrofoam type. I cut the sheet into 2' x 2' pieces and then use heavy duty duct tape and taped them together. It's great because it's solid and supper light.
I also cut a circle out of one of the 2' x 2' pieces but it was so light it would lift up a little when I was about 1' up. So I added a bunch of aluminum nails that were about 8" long and 1/8" thick, and I just pushed them into the side to add some weight. They work great.
image.jpg
image.jpg

It's just too easy to tip over when landing - I always hand catch, and use my case for takeoff when there's no hard surface around.
Same here. I try to keep debris kick-up to a minimum. On take-off, it's important to get as level as reasonably possible. I hand catch as well.
image.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20