Advanced does not support SDK2 (Edit: Ed has confirmed it WILL be supported.

Reaction score
EDIT: Ed has now confirmed that the Advanced WILL be supported :)

Ed at DJI has confirmed that the Advanced does not support SDK, this is very disappointing, I am going to change my order to the Pro.

Wish DJI would make things clearer so people can make informed decisions, up until this the only difference between the Pro and Adv we were told about was the 4K and the battery charger.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=13837&extra=page=1&lang=en

Last edited:
Wow. I opted for the Pro, but if I'd gone Advanced I'd be very angry right now. That really should have been clear before release.

Reactions: AsiaFlyer
Ed at DJI has confirmed that the Advanced does not support SDK, this is very disappointing, I am going to change my order to the Pro.

Wish DJI would make things clearer so people can make informed decisions, up until this the only difference between the Pro and Adv we were told about was the 4K and the battery charger.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=13837&extra=page=1&lang=en
Wow.... I had a feeling that i'd regret getting the advanced....Really glad I went pro from the gate.
Sucks and may limit development by narrowing the user market

Well sounds like it may be included in the future for the adv......
But not as of now.......http://dev.dji.com/

Reactions: AsiaFlyer
Would be really awful and odd if they leave the P3A out. I don't see any reason for that. I am pretty sure it will be included later if not from the start.

It does seem odd they would not include the Advanced, but it clearly states that it's not currently included. At the minute I'm not to sure what impact that will have so I don't see the point of getting too irate but dji should have made that clear from the start, at least then I would have paid it more attention as I am new to the phantom, I'm assuming now that any 3rd party apps will currently not support the P3A.

It does seem odd they would not include the Advanced, but it clearly states that it's not currently included. At the minute I'm not to sure what impact that will have so I don't see the point of getting too irate but dji should have made that clear from the start, at least then I would have paid it more attention as I am new to the phantom, I'm assuming now that any 3rd party apps will currently not support the P3A.

Yeah no 3rd party apps but Ed from DJI is now saying that the PM is saying the Advanced is supported, I need to make a decision asap, my dealer has just received delivery.

So were we at here now, Ed saying no in your first post, and Ed saying yes in your last after contacting the PM from DJI on the matter. How long a time difference was there in you being told the no its not supported to yes in fact it is. Please keep us posted and let us know as here anything more. cheers

just had a live chat now with dji support who knew all about the subject, they confirmed the advanced will support this is in the future but just not a this time.

just had a live chat now with dji support who knew all about the subject, they confirmed the advanced will support this is in the future but just not a this time.
When will be ooold. If the hardware is the same as promised and written this politic move is really not understandable.

I agree seems strange, we could do with ED or blade shedding some light on this to us. It is coming tho so no great panic.

I'm new to drones, and sorry for my ignorance, but what is SDK?

SDK = Software Development Kit

DJI has made an SDK available for third party developers so that everybody can make their own iOS/Android apps for controlling their P3's.

I have my misgivings about this though:

1. I'm not sure I would trust any "garage hacker" to control my P3. Seems like it's hard enough for DJI to make this right/stable/safe.

2. I guess any such app would have to replace the DJI Pilot app? Surely they cannot run side by side? That means that even if some great coder creates a perfect "follow me" app, he will essentially have to re-implement almost the whole DJI Pilot app or you will lose a lot of essential functionality. Well, maybe this is kind of a good thing, since this would mean that only large/serious developers would even begin to develop such an app.

im with you on that one, but in saying that i have never heard any horror story about any of the ones out there for the vision, and dji do pass these apps off first, i think.

This makes absolutely no sense... In the end this will be just part of the hysteria of a new product launch. And P3 apps will run for both models.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31