Adobe lens profile for P4P posted

For those with issues on a Mac. Seems Safari is the problem. I got the txt extension at first and changing led to garbage file. Used Chrome and it worked great. Shows up in LR as DJI then 24mm.

For those with issues on a Mac. Seems Safari is the problem. I got the txt extension at first and changing led to garbage file. Used Chrome and it worked great. Shows up in LR as DJI then 24mm.
I used both safari and chrome, with no luck. It downloads as a .lcp.txt file. then change it back to .lcp and place it in the mac folder as stated and nothing in LR or CameraRaw

I used both safari and chrome, with no luck. It downloads as a .lcp.txt file. then change it back to .lcp and place it in the mac folder as stated and nothing in LR or CameraRaw
As last attempt message me your email and I'll send you the file directly.

So do newly imported files automatically get the new profile based on embedded DNG data or do you have to always apply the lens adjustment in "Develop"? Thanks a bunch, worked like a charm.

So do newly imported files automatically get the new profile based on embedded DNG data or do you have to always apply the lens adjustment in "Develop"? Thanks a bunch, worked like a charm.
work for me as well. thank you . I can see the vignetting and a slight distortion change. Any chance you know how to write a Camera Calibration file to get us more options?

I've updated the lens profile to include a more complete description. Calibration data has not changed, so if you're already using the older version successfully, no need to download this one.

Updated Phantom 4 Pro FC6310 lens profile can be downloaded here. Again, this is still for RAW (DNG) files only.

Enjoy.

Great Job and thank you very much for this. I have a slight problem though as I want to use Affinity Photo for Developing and Editing my P4P RAWs.
Affinity Photo uses Lensfun Lens Profiles which are described in xml. There is a python script(lensfun/lensfun-convert-lcp at master · lensfun/lensfun · GitHub) which seems to allow to convert Adobe LCP files and their content into a Lensfun XML file.

Unfortunately somehow the property names are messed up. Here's what I get from the python script:

Code:
<lens>
        <maker>24.0</maker>
        <model>24.0 mm</model>
        <mount>4/3 System</mount>
        <mount>Sony Alpha</mount>
        <mount>Canon FD</mount>
        <mount>Sigma SA</mount>
        <mount>Nikon F AF</mount>
        <mount>Canon EF</mount>
        <mount>Minolta AF</mount>
        <mount>Pentax KAF</mount>
        <mount>Olympus OM</mount>
        <cropfactor>2.727273</cropfactor>
        <calibration>
            <distortion focal="8.8" k1="-0.010902" k2="0.011950" model="acm" />
            <tca alpha0="1.000260" alpha1="-0.000033" alpha2="-0.000091" beta0="0.999749" beta1="-0.000045" beta2="0.000545" focal="8.8" model="acm" />
            <vignetting alpha1="0.233158" alpha2="-0.328724" alpha3="0.000000" aperture="2.970854" distance="1.232864" focal="8.800000" model="acm" />
            <vignetting alpha1="-0.259328" alpha2="-0.342120" alpha3="0.684848" aperture="4.000000" distance="1.216749" focal="8.800000" model="acm" />
            <vignetting alpha1="-0.320679" alpha2="0.187034" alpha3="-0.145110" aperture="4.970854" distance="1.213264" focal="8.800000" model="acm" />
            <vignetting alpha1="-0.291038" alpha2="0.057322" alpha3="0.049935" aperture="6.000000" distance="1.213485" focal="8.800000" model="acm" />
            <vignetting alpha1="-0.350724" alpha2="-0.116036" alpha3="0.419257" aperture="6.918863" distance="1.215075" focal="8.800000" model="acm" />
        </calibration>
    </lens>

And this is what it should look like:
Code:
  <lens>
        <maker>DJI</maker>
        <model>Phantom Vision FC200 &amp; compatibles</model>
        <model lang="en">fixed lens</model>
        <model lang="de">festes Objektiv</model>
        <mount>dijPhantomVisionFC200</mount>
        <cropfactor>6</cropfactor>
        <type>equisolid</type>
        <aspect-ratio>4:3</aspect-ratio>
        <calibration>
            <distortion model="ptlens" focal="5" a="0.02707" b="-0.10021" c="-0.09787" />
            <tca model="poly3" focal="5" vr="1.0002" vb="1.0007" />
        </calibration>
    </lens>

Is anyone able to "translate" it to the correct format? Help is highly appreciated by the Affinity Photo Users!

Would like to know this as well. Still new to Lightroom.

Having problems with installing the profile.

As I am on Windows 10 I tried C:\Users\MYUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0

The problem I have there is I don't have the AppData folder inside my UserName folder. I did find the files here.

OS_install (C)\PROGRAM FILES\ADOBE\ADOBE LIGHTROOM\RESOURCES\LENSPROFILES\1.0\DJI

When I add the Lcp file for the Phantom 4 pro it doesn't seem to add it to the program. I went ahead and removed all the other profiles from the DJI folder and it did remove them from the program. As soon as I added them back in they reappeared in the program. Unsure why the new P4P profile wont add.

Your AppData folder in win10 is hidden, just type c:\users\username\appdata in your browser...

I've posted the LCP file in both a compressed .zip and a compressed .rar file to my dropbox, for those who can't get other things to work.

Phantom 4 RAW Lens Profile in .RAR compressed folder

Phantom 4 RAW Lens Profile in .ZIP compressed folder

I honestly don't notice much difference. This profile is dramatically different than the Phantom 3 or Inspire profiles, which dramatically reduce lens distortion. The change in lens distortion for this .LCP profile is so minimal that when processing in Photoshop I barely notice the difference. It makes me wonder if the P4 Pro lens is really that good, or if this particular profile is inaccurate.

Tomas,

Wow! Thanks for letting me know. I didn't realize the camera was auto-applying lens correction... I didn't know that was even POSSIBLE! But it makes it simpler for me to deal with in post production if I know that it's automatically doing it. I'm not going to muddy the images further by trying to make additional corrections if DJI has already done the work for me. I'm pleased with what I'm getting out of the P4 Pro so far, the raws are quite usable. My only real regret is that I know there will be another drone out in a few months that KILLS this one in performance and features, and I'll be sad that I don't have it because I dumped my money into this one. :)

Reactions: AyeYo

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik