Add-ons to your Phantom 3. Can you add to many?

Do you perfer the naked or sleek look of a P3 or like all the extras you can add?

• Sleek for me. No extra weight for me.

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Prop guards thats it for me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Prop guards and gimbal guard. That's enough

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Tracker , guards extra battery the more stuff the better.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I have been looking at some of the mods and add ons and am torn been them and the look of a sleek quad.
When I got my P2 I added gimbal and go pro then stuff to have live fpv. Plus I added prop guards.
It felt cluttered and it did effect flight compared to my naked P2.
Now I have my P3 pro and am thinking do I add the prop quads , and gimbal guards.
Do you like the sleek look or add ons

I wouldn't kick that dye job drone out of my carry case.
gimbal guards after warranty definitely.
camera filters always, for same reason the camera costs to much. I would rather replace a $10 filter.
Can't really see the prop guard over 300 feet. Although I wouldn't mind a 3D hologram of R2D2 unit on top of drone when you open the case.

Last edited:
I am still babying my P3P so haven't got over the nude look yet. BUT am starting to look at second shells, aqua dipping, painting and dyeing. Hmm looks like I am on the slippery slope.
The ND filter set is worth a look at.:)

Would love to put 4 of those e5000 motors on phantom. Sure the flight would be 3 minutes, but WOW what a 3 minutes. 0-400 ft in 1.0 sec.

Have you seen the retractable leg kit. It folds the legs up in a flash like a inspire. Not to practical but it does look cool and gives a whole new look. Don't forget to put them down before you land. At about $65 a neat novelty.

Keep Looking Up

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Anything else is unnecessary.

As always, "It depends."

I do a lot of Litchi way-point missions , where I fly behind and around stuff, causing signal loss. I almost always have a tracker on board both my P3P and P3A, so that I can still keep track of where my quad is.

For the same reason I have a gimbal guard fitted . I can't always predict the terrain in the event of a forced landing.

I do quite a bit of night flying too, and have found the Lume Cubes to be extremely useful. They are obviously not permanent fixtures.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl