Actual GPS signal strength?

Reaction score
Do any of the on-board / transmitted data logs show the actual individual GPS satellite signal strength?

Ideally I'd like to see what is normally shown on many stand alone receivers: For each satellite the signal strength, orbit (RA / Dec) position and RDOP.

Do any of the on-board / transmitted data logs show the actual individual GPS satellite signal strength?

Ideally I'd like to see what is normally shown on many stand alone receivers: For each satellite the signal strength, orbit (RA / Dec) position and RDOP.
The recorded flight data only shows the number of sats connected and "GPS Health" which equates to the number of bars shown by the app for GPS.

Reactions: Capt KO
The flight app won't show you the individual strength of satellites but if your device is gps-enabled , you can get that information there. It will match the GPS information used by the drone at that location. You may have to install an app on your device to retrieve that sat data. Good luck.

It will match the GPS information used by the drone at that location.
I'm looking or the actual data that comes out of the GPS on the drone. Different GPS's will have different antenna, pre-amps, receivers so an external one won't mimic what the DJI one reports. I'll most likely get a CANBUS module to tap into / read what is being received by the internal GPS module.

Reactions: Capt KO
I'm looking or the actual data that comes out of the GPS on the drone. Different GPS's will have different antenna, pre-amps, receivers so an external one won't mimic what the DJI one reports. I'll most likely get a CANBUS module to tap into / read what is being received by the internal GPS module.
Let me know how that works. I'd be interested to know that too

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31