Accidental Backflip...?

Reaction score
Has anyone else also come close to performing a backflip when you go full throttle forwards and then pull back completely and throttle up? I've gotten close a few times and it's a little scary but kinda awesome.

I just about backflipped with my P2 vision plus last year when I had carbon fiber blades on it. I was moving forward at full speed and pulled all the way back showing off how fast it would stop and it dropped like a rock and almost crashed. Needless to say I took the carbon fiber props off.;)

It's been said on this forum that anything beyond it being a platform for getting a small camera into the air is at your own risk. I took those words to heart immediately, and backed off some of my more daring maneuvers.

Reactions: Brett_Meyer
I WISH the Phantom 3 could do flips successfully. I have used a smaller, low-quality acrobatic drone with horrible 720p to get shots that I needed like faking parkour and kungfu moves. Found it to be the safest and easiest way to fake a backflip off a building or someone getting shot mid-jump (and flipping backward). It is a very niche need, but would be nice to have as an addon or option in the SDK.

I WISH the Phantom 3 could do flips successfully. I have used a smaller, low-quality acrobatic drone with horrible 720p to get shots that I needed like faking parkour and kungfu moves. Found it to be the safest and easiest way to fake a backflip off a building or someone getting shot mid-jump (and flipping backward). It is a very niche need, but would be nice to have as an addon or option in the SDK.

Get a P2 as the prices are dropping to use for that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20