About to buy second hand controller ...for Phantom 3 Professional ..

Reaction score
Hello all ,

I am about to buy a second hand controller from Ebay due to the one which I bought in 2015 falling apart and not likely to be repairable .
I am based in Australia , but I bought the Phantom 3 Pro from the USA when first released in 2015 .
Now the 2nd hand controller on Ebay is from Australia.
So my concerns are :

1) Do you think I 'll have a problem binding the two ?
2) If I am not successful in binding them , will I still be able to bind back my current controller ?
3) How do I update the controller firmware in the new 2nd hand controller ?

Thanks for attempting to clarify my concerns .

Hello all ,

I am about to buy a second hand controller from Ebay due to the one which I bought in 2015 falling apart and not likely to be repairable .
I am based in Australia , but I bought the Phantom 3 Pro from the USA when first released in 2015 .
Now the 2nd hand controller on Ebay is from Australia.
So my concerns are :

1) Do you think I 'll have a problem binding the two ?
2) If I am not successful in binding them , will I still be able to bind back my current controller ?
3) How do I update the controller firmware in the new 2nd hand controller ?

Thanks for attempting to clarify my concerns .
No I dont think there be issue,can link back to original easy with the rc linking in app,,I dont have the pro so here's how to update if needed ..it will prompt you onscreen anyway of what to do ,depends how new the second remote firmware is,,they can run a mismatch but issues could arise..hope this help,a bit,
Screenshot_20200203-205034_Chrome.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There’s a few different model remotes that work with the P3P. Don’t have one anymore, so I don’t know which one is best or even if it matters.

I have a GL300A and GL300B. Both work fine with my P3P.
I'd ask the seller to provide a pic of the model number on the back down the bottom and a pic of the unit switched on so you can see that it powers up OK. LEDs all on hopefully. If it has a knackered battery, there won't be any LEDs on of course. How much does he want for it in Aus $ ?

Reactions: KachemakDiver

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers