About to buy a Phantom

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am going to be purchasing a Phantom this week. I just wanted to ask you guys some questions I have. First and foremost I keep noticing the version differences between the Naza modules. Is this an software upgradeable device or is there different versions of the flight computer? If so what is the best one?

Also I would like to hear your recommendations for a decent FPV systems.

Thanks look forward to your reply's

Tyler

Hi Tyler, welcome.

The flight controller in the Phantom is the NAZA-M, and yes the firmware in it can be updated through PC software (and it needs to be). The earlier models of the Phantom had the NAZA-M v1 (red) and the newer one(s) have NAZA-M v2 (orange). The Phantoms with the v2 also have some upgraded supporting hardware such as the power management/distribution board.

The FPV hardware you should get will depend on your budgets for cost, weight, and size, and there's a lot of worthwhile options out there. Probably the most common are the 5.8GHz setups, either Immersion/FatShark or any of the many alternatives. Several sites offer FPV bundles with equipment known to work well together (including the ground station gear), and often have all the cables/connectors/batteries needed as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.