Standard A Newbie here...

Reaction score
Hiya (takes a bow)
I was wondering a few things about the DJI 3 Phantom Standard,I am really thinking about getting one,having put alot of air time into 2 Cheerson CX20's,and 2 other entry level drones,along with a few Trex 400,and 450's,Walkera 400 class,and a few blade 400/450's. I got a chance watch UP CLOSE a person work the Phantom,can this drone be flown,and the camera used to take video WITHOUT a monitor,like turn the camera on and fly it?Then take the memory card out and transfer the content to a laptop for viewing?Im on a VERY limited budget and thought I can get a "for monitor use " thingy later>.

RodPad

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!.

You really need to be flying with a Mobile Device, a lot of information (data) that you need to be aware off.

On a standard you can't start a video recording without the Mobile, the Pro / Adv I think you can take a picture with the remote, I don't know about video, I would never tell anybody to try it, well there are be a few. :rolleyes:

You have to have a mobile device to register it, you can't start the motors, there is a reason for that. :eek:

Rod

Reaction score
Agree with RodPad. Don't buy a Phantom if you don't have access to a device to operate it with.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!.

You have to have a mobile device to register it, you can't start the motors, there is a reason for that. :eek:

Rod
Ok, Im a wittle confused now,by "mobile device" do you mean one that has phone capabilities,or just any one that has Wi-Fi?
And clarify "register"?Im hoping you mean "Link" it to the Remote.
I may have made a mistake by ordering a REmaned DJI 3,and a Nexus 7 (used),but this wont be the FIRST time I jumped into something without the proper amount of "howto",somehow Ill get it alll worked out.............
Thanks
Joe Merritt
K1DOA

RodPad

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Ok, Im a wittle confused now,by "mobile device" do you mean one that has phone capabilities,or just any one that has Wi-Fi?
And clarify "register"?Im hoping you mean "Link" it to the Remote.
I may have made a mistake by ordering a REmaned DJI 3,and a Nexus 7 (used),but this wont be the FIRST time I jumped into something without the proper amount of "howto",somehow Ill get it alll worked out.............
Thanks
Joe Merritt
K1DOA
"and the camera used to take video WITHOUT a monitor,like turn the camera on and fly it?"
This made me think that you were not going to use a mobile device at all (like a smart phone or a tablet), so if I'm missing something your good to go.

Just WiFi, Yes :)

Rod

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
PhoenixOne Introductions 7
O General Discussion 3
C Introductions 6
Mike0909 General Discussion 3
Mild Bill Introductions 27

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members