Newbie, Project Mistakes and Questions

Reaction score
New to drones I started working on a few projects. Of course I have a million questions and I'm running in all directions trying to learn as much as I can about the repair (piece one together) part of it.

I bought a P3S about a year ago for almost nothing. It was brand new in the box labeled and sold as defective. The problem was that the controller wouldn't link to the drone. After searching the net, I figured out how to redo the firmware and went through the process of the annoying beeps. It's been sitting on a shelf ever since, still never flew it.

Recently, I bought a few P3P's off Ebay, they all have an issue/s.But I like working on things so it's just as much fun to piece one together.

My first questions and I'm sorry if this has been gone over a million times but I want to make sure I have it clear.

Batteries? From what I'm finding they are all interchangeable for the P3's?
Motors? Are there only 4 motors for all P3 models? And really only two, but they both have CCW and CW threads? I know they have to match the board or what was taken off, if I read that right. But if the motor looks the same on a standard it's the same on the pro? I have a pro that someone ran screws up into the coils, not just one!! They did all 4!!! Can I take new motors from the standard and use them on the Pro? They look identical.

I'm learning that all the camera's are different, Now I'm just trying to learn what parts are interchangeable between the cameras and gimbles. I didn't get too far yet. I do know for a fact from experience that a 4k camera and gimble won't work on a Pro. The Pro will get hot!!! oooops!! And the ribbons are different.

I have parts laying all over, trying to figure out what will fit what.

Last edited:
New to drones I started working on a few projects. Of course I have a million questions and I'm running in all directions trying to learn as much as I can about the repair (piece one together) part of it.

I bought a P3S about a year ago for almost nothing. It was brand new in the box labeled and sold as defective. The problem was that the controller wouldn't link to the drone. After searching the net, I figured out how to redo the firmware and went through the process of the annoying beeps. It's been sitting on a shelf ever since, still never flew it.

Recently, I bought a few P3P's off Ebay, they all have an issue/s.But I like working on things so it's just as much fun to piece one together.

My first questions and I'm sorry if this has been gone over a million times but I want to make sure I have it clear.

Batteries? From what I'm finding they are all interchangeable for the P3's?
Motors? Are there only 4 motors for all P3 models? And really only two, but they both have CCW and CW threads? I know they have to match the board or what was taken off, if I read that right. But if the motor looks the same on a standard it's the same on the pro? I have a pro that someone ran screws up into the coils, not just one!! They did all 4!!! Can I take new motors from the standard and use them on the Pro? They look identical.

I'm learning that all the camera's are different, Now I'm just trying to learn what parts are interchangeable between the cameras and gimbles. I didn't get too far yet. I do know for a fact from experience that a 4k camera and gimble won't work on a Pro. The Pro will get hot!!! oooops!! And the ribbons are different.

I have parts laying all over, trying to figure out what will fit what.
At my age anything that makes my brain work is good. That's partly why I added a P3S to enhance my hobby which is photography.

I'm not a technician but can certify the P3 series batteries are all the same and interchangeable. I own a standard and a pro and both run on the same set of batteries.

Good luck with the rest!

At my age anything that makes my brain work is good. That's partly why I added a P3S to enhance my hobby which is photography.

I'm not a technician but can certify the P3 series batteries are all the same and interchangeable. I own a standard and a pro and both run on the same set of batteries.

Good luck with the rest!

Thank You!! I wanted to make sure before I just started plugging more things in without checking. I made one of the P3P's hot one too many times already!! :)

I made one of the P3P's hot one too many times already!! :)

I hope the Magic Smoke didn't escape!

But I like working on things so it's just as much fun to piece one together.

You think working on one is fun, you should take one out and fly it... you'll be hooked! - like the rest of us here :D

Reactions: Joker2415
For motors - there are two versions; I think P3C can only work with new version, though I'm not completely sure. P3X and P3S have two variants of the main board - for old and for new motors. Details on motor versions:
Old Motors vs. New Ones

Reactions: Joker2415
I hope the Magic Smoke didn't escape!

You think working on one is fun, you should take one out and fly it... you'll be hooked! - like the rest of us here :D

The magic smoke stayed in! I think it's ok, I tried a different gimble and it worked, so I think I pulled the battery fast enough. It was a little warm though and I'll bet on the verge of smoking!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4