A little PMS...

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I was out flying yesterday and my P3S took a hard knock from about 10 ft (clipped a tree), and it fell upside down. Now I shut it down, cleaned it up and I believe I cleared any debris that got on it, but since then in subsequent flights, the camera stops video recording after a few moments and there was some corruption of the video that was taken. I am wondering is there any diagnostic tool or test that I can perform to either determine any issues or possibly resolve them before they become big issues?

Cheers!

If you have downlink from the camera (FPV and telemetry) and the issue is intermittent glitching and interruption of recording footage the first thing I would check is the ribbon cables. The RF lines are probably ok. If you need to remove the gimble to make things easier just cut the drop pins and replace them with loose fitting zip ties. They perform better and you can use four instead of two. Secondary suspect would be the ribbon cable on the camera assay.

I was never in the Navy so PMS looked like a headache of a title.

If you have downlink from the camera (FPV and telemetry) and the issue is intermittent glitching and interruption of recording footage the first thing I would check is the ribbon cables. The RF lines are probably ok. If you need to remove the gimble to make things easier just cut the drop pins and replace them with loose fitting zip ties. They perform better and you can use four instead of two. Secondary suspect would be the ribbon cable on the camera assay.

I was never in the Navy so PMS looked like a headache of a title.
Yes, it was an annoying thing in the Navy as well, that's why it came to mind ;)

I will begin checking the cables and hopefully they are okay.. thanks for the heads up :)

"the camera stops video recording after a few moments "
Recording then stopping on its own?

Yes on formatting the SD card, lots of posts on this and seen it for my self more than once....

Rod

"the camera stops video recording after a few moments "
Recording then stopping on its own?

Yes on formatting the SD card, lots of posts on this and seen it for my self more than once....

Rod
I have reformatted the card. I noticed that old videos were still hanging about even after I thought I had removed them. So until I get some good weather, I won't be able to test it out [emoji51][emoji23]

I have reformatted the card. I noticed that old videos were still hanging about even after I thought I had removed them. So until I get some good weather, I won't be able to test it out [emoji51][emoji23]
How were you removing them? I never delete them individually using, say, the desktop computer. I format the card in the aircraft before every flight using the “Format SD card” function.

Hum, yes I agree totally with @bsartist

Format it with in the Phantom.

Thought you had removed them?
You format it, there won't be any thing hanging about.

When you use the app connected to the Phantom, you will see the space left on the SD card.
You can do this procedure indoors, power up all, don't need to have props or start them.

Rod

Hum, yes I agree totally with @bsartist

Format it with in the Phantom.

Thought you had removed them?
You format it, there won't be any thing hanging about.

When you use the app connected to the Phantom, you will see the space left on the SD card.
You can do this procedure indoors, power up all, don't need to have props or start them.

Rod
Here is how I remember to do it at the beginning of every flight ;)

E36D1F67-47FE-41C5-A82E-05C3D4063343.jpeg

Reactions: RodPad

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1