a little concerning, need help understanding this

Reaction score
searching brought up nothing, or maybe I searched the wrong way, anyways...here goes:

I just took possession of a Moverio BT200 glasses
can't begin to say how much I am impressed, but that is for another story

What I found a little concerning is that, I had purchased this from another Phantom Owner, so the DJI Pilot App was already installed

I went through the motions, power up the Moverio, engage wifi,
power up controller, wifi extender and then Phantom

Go now to the Moverio, look at wifi, find Phantom and...bingo, instant connection
I was surprised to see that the glasses automatically recognized my phantom, and had full control,

I haven't tried with other devices, but there seems to be a lack of security, in linking to my bird.

I was wondering, if anyone else happened to have the DJI app, either on their tablet or phone, could they tap into my bird and take control?

If I am in an area, and someone is looking at their wifi connections, can they also see the Phantom, and possible engage it?

Could this be the reason for some unexplained flyaways?

Maybe I am way off base, but I am a little concerned,(ok, maybe a lot concerned) and worried about this

How do I lock my Phantom 2 Vision + V3 down so only I could ever have access/control of it ?

Your wifi extender will only allow I connection at a time. If your hooked up you can't be nudged off.

Reactions: Scott J. Breier

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj