Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

A good Simulator for Mac Users - with a Phantom model

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shrimpfarmer, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Shrimpfarmer

Hi everyone.

I was looking for an inexpensive simulator to get some practice flying my Phantom Vision. I use a Mac so finding a decent simulation is more tricky. I have a Spectrum DXi6 but no cable to connect it to the Mac at the moment.

So, last night I found Heli-X. Its a helicopter simulator that runs on both Mac, Windows and Linux. I tried the demo and was pleased to see on the website that someone had built a Phantom model for the simulator.

The next problem I had was no controller. I did some searching and found how you can trick an old PS3 controller to operate via bluetooth with your Mac. Hey presto I am now able to practice flying the phantom. The model is a good looking rendition and its flight characteristics are very similar to the Phantom Vision, minus the position holding etc. Excellent though for polishing up my stick skills as I have not flown helicopters for a while.

I have no affiliation with the software producers. This is the link to the simulator http://www.heli-x.net I have now bought the full version which cost me 50 Euros.

I hope this could be of use to someone.

2. THell

You could try a Mac app called crossover or wine bottler. Both allow you to run win apps on Mac with no install of the win os.

3. Shrimpfarmer

Thanks for the tip, I was unaware of that app.