A good news DJI repair story.

Reaction score
I've not been on Phantom Pilots for ages, as I've been mostly out of the country (UK) over the past 9 months in the Middle East.

Anyway, after being back home for a month or so, I decided to take a look at my P3P. I noticed there was a new firmware update 1.10.9 and mine was on 1.9.6 (June 2016 I think). Actually I'd never flown with that firmware just tested controls and camera on the kitchen table, so decided to update. What a disaster that turned into.

Downloaded the bin file and placed SD card in the gimbal as usual and it started the red/green gimbal light sequence fine. However, over an hour later it was still not finished, so stopped and tried again. The same thing and the txt file (see TXT image) showed it had deleted the history fine, but hadn't actually loaded any new firmware.

So I then tried to reload 1.9.6 and all hell broke out. Constant loud beeping noise, very loud. I read somewhere to leave it beep and it would eventually load the firmware. Not with me it didn't, it went on for over an hour and I eventually switched it off.

I thought it was toast, so I went out to fly my Typhoon H for the rest of the week. I then thought I'd email DJI to see if they had a possible solution for the problem. The following day I received an email from DJI stating they were sorry for the problem and to send it under an RMA to their repair centre in the Netherlands.

A few days later I packed it up and delivered it to the local UPS collection point. Sent on 29th March, it was back with me on 12th April. (see tracking image) To my surprise and considering my original purchase invoice was dated 1st June 2015, they have sent me a brand new P3P v2 (FREE of charge) and I even had to re-register it in the GoApp to start a new warranty. That to me is outstanding service, even though I've no idea what went wrong. :)

TXT-File.JPG

DJI-Tracker.jpg

PS. I see that Dirkclod has got a new Sheriff badge. No wonder I couldn't find him in "Off-Topic"
wink.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers