A drone with a nail gun.....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I have installed many a roof, and I think they are forgetting something. First, How are you going to get a heavy shingle up there and place it carefully on the roof and line it up? Second, I have that same nail gun and it is not actually a nail gun it's a brad nailer for tacking up trim and such. To install a roof you need a real nail gun, with a large round barrel for proper roofing nails. Third they are technically weaponizing a drone, so it's illegal.

Strange...

This reminds of that idiot : Hogwart .... with his pistol strapped to a quad ...

We are all aware that Quads / Multi Rotors can be adapted to carry all sorts of unsuitable items ... advertising the fact just incites idiots to follow suit.

I can't see the point. Someone goes up on the roof to lay the shingles first, then someone flies a drone up to nail them down? I've seen roofers nailing 20 times faster by hand. Also, wouldn't that come under "weaponizing a drone"?

Reactions: Weston Ney
When people who do silly things are asked why : The usual answer is because it can be done, or just to see if it can be .....

Yeh well. Darwins Theory ?

If that roof was steeper the drones blades would hit you couldn't use on a 12/12 pitch roof!
Just saying..
Exactly! I don't like seeing drones take my job anyway...
Although they kind of have taken the jobs of helicopter camera guys but that's different! I think...

Exactly! I don't like seeing drones take my job anyway...
Although they kind of have taken the jobs of helicopter camera guys but that's different! I think...
Tell that to guys who lost work :) but it's just new technology so it's not personal at least till it's you LOL I just don't see a drone carrying shingles to put in place with another one nailing them down putting ridge caps on etc

Obviously these "engineers" have been sheltered from the blue collar world of ACTUAL roofing. I'm no roofer, but I'm going to guess 1 nail every 10 seconds would have any employee fired in under an hour....LOL....

Get out of the house, kids. Pull your head out of your cell phone. There's a whole world out there...

D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers