A custom case for the Phantom 2?

Reaction score
I am looking for a case that with hold the Phantom 2 with prop guards
and extended legs with gimbal. I have searched the forums and have had no luck! Now pretty certain they don't exist, not a big enough market I suppose.
My next option in finding just a foam insert, add the extra padding where needed and build my own box.
Being a carpenter this is not a problem. Has anyone found just a foam insert for the Phantom 2, no case? And has a anyone attempted or accomplished this? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Terry.

terrycagg said:
and extended legs with gimbal. I have searched the forums and have had no luck! Now pretty certain they don't exist, not a big enough market I suppose.
My next option in finding just a foam insert, add the extra padding where needed and build my own box.
Being a carpenter this is not a problem. Has anyone found just a foam insert for the Phantom 2, no case? And has a anyone attempted or accomplished this? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Terry.

I built my own custom case for the p2v with prop guards, of 6mm plywood and styrofoam. But I never use it, it is way too big to be practical :-( instead I built a custom case in the dimensions of the original shipping box and used the original insert (with some papermache modifications) figured out, that I can attach and detach the prop guards in under two minutes...

terrycagg said:
Thanks, Terry.
Atlanta hobbies has prop guard clips so you can snap them on and off in seconda.

I cannot find this prop guard clip anywhere on site, do you by chance have a name or a part number?
Thanks.

You can find a variety of 'rubbermaid' style totes to fit the bill.

Attachments

• tote1.jpg
    tote1.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 421
I will look at containers before making one though what ideally would like to find is a pre-cut padded insert.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl