A compact PC for connecting to your Phantom in the field.

Re: A compact PC for connecting to your Phantom in the field

Just sent my heap of crap back.

It was in a never ending BIOS update loop for hours before I ever saw windows, and then once it had booted, the USB port would not recognise any devices.

A Friday afternoon job obviously.

Mori55 said:
Ok thanks. What class cars should I use ?

Jaguar (any type) or Landrover Defender, it's that simple.

Lame, I know, but these are just the cars I think off when I see cars and class in the same sentence :D

In any case not lower than class 10.

PhantomFanatic said:
I just received mine. The memory card slot looks like it accepts a full SD card. Am I wrong? Also, for screwed up people like me, I discovered that there was a 8 version for sale.

I always like the best, but I don't know if it is worth it, but for those who haven't ordered one, you might want to compare the two.

I haven't done much to mine, yet, but I like it. I wish it was a touchscreen, but via a keyboard, there are functions for enlarging. Still waiting on my keyboard case.

That slot in the side is not where the memory card goes, the back clips off and the memory card slot is underneath and takes a micro-SD. I'm not sure what you mean about the touch-screen, it is touch-screen. I have no idea what that side slot is for.

The side slot is for audio out.

PhantomFanatic - The Stream 8 is not really "better" than the 7. It's 1" larger, has a front & back camera improvement, and can be configured for cellular usage apparently. However, the actual "horsepower" is the same. Same CPU/RAM/etc... basically all the things that matter to a PC are identical.

Hughie - argh! that sucks. I hate when I get a bricked unit.

lake_flyer said:
Mori55 said:

Lame, I know, but these are just the cars I think off when I see cars and class in the same sentence :D

Surely not all Jags? The X type (Ford Mondeo in disguise) in 2.2 diesel form was nasty.

Saying that my wife drives an XK8 and I've not long parted with my LS powered Defender so I tend to agree!

Well I got everything working , but anyway to get the assistant full screen ? Plus I hate windows 8 so far , just not intuitive imho.

landmannnn said:
lake_flyer said:
Mori55 said:

Surely not all Jags? The X type (Ford Mondeo in disguise) in 2.2 diesel form was nasty.

Saying that my wife drives an XK8 and I've not long parted with my LS powered Defender so I tend to agree!

Awww Geeze, you goofballs had me thinking the thread was hijacked. :lol:

So, it's at least a Class 10 Micro-SD card that we should be using. :D

The really neat thing is not only can you make adjustments to the P2 you can also download your GP footage with a card reader attached and check it while in the field. Later that footage on the tablet can then be transferred to your computer.

not sure if someone has suggested this, but you can hook up a BTU to the external port on your phantom and change all the settings from your smart phone.

How ? Some pics if you did this. I have a apple a at phone.

Mori55 said:
PhantomFanatic said:
I just received mine. The memory card slot looks like it accepts a full SD card. Am I wrong? Also, for screwed up people like me, I discovered that there was a 8 version for sale.

I always like the best, but I don't know if it is worth it, but for those who haven't ordered one, you might want to compare the two.

I haven't done much to mine, yet, but I like it. I wish it was a touchscreen, but via a keyboard, there are functions for enlarging. Still waiting on my keyboard case.
It is a touch screen.

Hmmm, it didn't work as an iPad does, using two fingers spreading apart, to enlarge. Is there a different technique for this one?

Casper2015 said:
PhantomFanatic said:

That slot in the side is not where the memory card goes, the back clips off and the memory card slot is underneath and takes a micro-SD. I'm not sure what you mean about the touch-screen, it is touch-screen. I have no idea what that side slot is for.

Thanks!

Postby Casper2015 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:29 am

madsonp wrote:Has anyone tried using this with Ground Station ?

I am not sure that the screen will work properly, not to mention the USB hookup, but I have one coming on Tuesday so I will try it and see what happens. It would be great if I didn't have to take my iPad or surface Pro 3 into the field.

Like madsonp, i am wondering about if this works with ground station. Casper2015, did you get the stream 7? and have you tried to use the gs on it?

I currently use a older laptop and would like to use a less bulky computer to adjust and run gs.

dteca said:
Postby Casper2015 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:29 am

madsonp wrote:Has anyone tried using this with Ground Station ?

I am not sure that the screen will work properly, not to mention the USB hookup, but I have one coming on Tuesday so I will try it and see what happens. It would be great if I didn't have to take my iPad or surface Pro 3 into the field.

Like madsonp, i am wondering about if this works with ground station. Casper2015, did you get the stream 7? and have you tried to use the gs on it?

I currently use a older laptop and would like to use a less bulky computer to adjust and run gs.

Are you referring to the HP Stream 7? If so that's what I'm using right now while my desktop is busy editing footage. I have already tested it on both RC and P2 software and it works great.

Okay guys, now I need help with the stream 7. Everything seems okay. I had entered the password for my WiFi.

For some reason, it didn't take. I've gone into settings, under network settings. Yet, I see no way to enter the code for my WiFi. It is seeing my WiFi router, with a high level signal.

BUT, I see no option to enter the password. I'm also rather sick and I have to speak to hundreds tomorrow evenings. That isn't helping!

Can any stream 7 users help me?

PhantomFanatic said:
Okay guys, now I need help with the stream 7. Everything seems okay. I had entered the password for my WiFi.

For some reason, it didn't take. I've gone into settings, under network settings. Yet, I see no way to enter the code for my WiFi. It is seeing my WiFi router, with a high level signal.

BUT, I see no option to enter the password. I'm also rather sick and I have to speak to hundreds tomorrow evenings. That isn't helping!

Can any stream 7 users help me?

Send a PM to SaintChachi he should be able to help so send it now

Having dreadful problems getting a bluetooth keyboard to work reliably with this tablet. It works OK for a bit but as soon as either one goes to sleep and is woken up data is intermittent and very delayed. Bluetooth devices still say keyboard is "connected" though. A reboot makes it all OK again. Occaisionally I get a dialogue box showing "installing bluetooth files" which is at about 20% and never moves. No drivers supplied but none should be needed. The keyboard is meant to be compatible....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00QZYXVI8

Obviously both have been charged up.

Can anyone offer any suggestions, or a product which they know works with this tablet.

Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj