A Cheap Tablet That Works!

Reaction score
I've had my Phantom 3 for about 1 1/2 months now and flew it first with my Iphone. I found out quickly that the screen was way too small for these old eyes. So I borrowed my wife's Ipad mini 2 and flew it a few times. I couldn't hold her tablet hostage so I started looking for a reasonably priced tablet that would work with the Phantom.

I did the usual search and found many different ones that would work. I found that the most reasonable ones were the ones that operated on the Android operating system. There were quite a few listed but all the ones I found were up over $100 even used or refurbished.

So, I kept looking around and finally found one I thought would work. The price was $99.99 at Bestbuy. It's a Digiland 10.1 with GPS, 1gb of memory and 32gb storage. It operates on 6.0 Marshmallow and has a USB port and a micro SD card slot.

I had it in my cart there for a couple weeks contemplating whether I wanted to take a chance or not and one day when checking out the Bestbuy Deal Of The Day saw it there for the reduced price of $74.99. So, I took the chance and grabbed one.

I got it in a few days with free shipping and today got a chance to give it a try. The DJI Go app loaded easily and when I got it set up I took it for a try. It worked very well with no lag and I was very impressed for the price. I'll try to post back once I work it more.

If your looking for something to use with your Phantom, I think you'd be hard pressed to find something better for less money. DigiLand - 10.1" - Tablet w/ Keyboard - 32GB - Black

Reactions: R30Rush
Hope it's a reliable device.

Well, I know the Ipad mini worked just fine. But, I wanted to give it back to the wife and didn't want to put out the price another would cost. So, I thought I'd give a cheap one a try.

I also thought it may help out others that couldn't or didn't want to put out the cost of more expensive tablets.

Someone has too give different ones a try otherwise all we would have is the expensive choice.

I flew the Phantom 3 Standard yesterday for a total of about 10 minutes and took pictures as well as video with no problems. No noticeable lag, no flickers and no crashes. Time will tell if it will be reliable long term.

Good to hear that there are many out there that aren't on any list Per Se. For those not afraid to take a chance a person can find a cheap alternative that works great. Saving $$$$ on the tablet just saves more for other accessories.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl