9443 props - what to expect

Reaction score
My original stock props were just a little scuffed up from the quad sometimes tipping over upon landing and was afriad that could cause an imbalance so I was going to order a replacement set but then saw a lot of "recommendations" to change to the 9443 props, so I got a set of them.

Too windy right now to do much of a test, but am wondering what I should expect as an improvement.

My original stock props were just a little scuffed up from the quad sometimes tipping over upon landing and was afriad that could cause an imbalance so I was going to order a replacement set but then saw a lot of "recommendations" to change to the 9443 props, so I got a set of them.

Too windy right now to do much of a test, but am wondering what I should expect as an improvement.

Since we do not know where you live (country) all I say is buy OEM props which cost $15.00 a set.

Yes if they are chipped or nick they cause an imbalance.

I live in the USA on the eastern shore of MD.

These replacement props seem to be highly recommended and I paid $3.99 plus $1.50 shipping, just trying to find out what difference I should expect.

For 3.99 plus 1.50 shipping?

You will get the right to lots of wobble and vibrations.

Go for the original DJI's.
Why 9443's?
The 9443's give you a few minutes more flight time.

Why not?
They are less forgiving. They make your quad react more abrupt.
Yawing is fast and jerky.
You can't descend faster than 2m/s because you get into VRS very quickly with these props.
They make a lot of noise

Other than that, fine props. But the stock 8"s are the smoothest flying ones.

The new 9450's are comparable with the 9443's. Give a little bit more lift and rotate slightly slower because of the greater angle of the blades. But they also are very prone to VRS in a descend beyond 2m/s. And they make even more noise.

If you don't need the extra flying time or extra thrust, you are way better off with the stock DJI 8"s. They are very cheap as well.

Reactions: dtitus6297
Thanks for the info, since I already bought them I'll try them.

It's been windy here today (and tomorrow) but was out long enough to launch it, but hard to tell anything in the breeze.

I received my Yuneec Q500+ today but as is my luck it has an issue with the TX, so they are shipping me a new one, but it might be best I didn't try to fly it today anyway in this wind.

I may keep the P1 also partly cause their prices are dropping to the point where it wouldn't fetch much $$ so I will probably take your advice and next set of props will be originals.... if I can find any, they seem to have become scarce.

Thanks again.

I live in the USA on the eastern shore of MD.

These replacement props seem to be highly recommended and I paid $3.99 plus $1.50 shipping, just trying to find out what difference I should expect.

if you paid 3.99 for 9443 props I hope you have a prop balancer... be care full
No way will they be balanced at that price nor would they be dji...
as mentioned dji 9443 are 15 per set
yea keep the P1 it will be a little sports car to fly for fun at times!

that sucks that you brand new Q500 is unusable out of box.. that has to hurt looking at it siting there

good luck and have fun flying

No don't have (or want) a prop balancer, my initial takeoff was fine with these props, but it was a very breezy day so anything else was hard to tell. Still windy so might not get airborne today. If I find I can't get any stills from it as good as the Yuneec I will end up not flying it and probably sell cheap. I get nothing out of flying these things with no ability to take photos or video.

Yeah it's annoying that I waited for the Q500 but can't use it but weather is not perfect for trying out a new bird anyway and I should have a new TX in a few days.

Last edited:
Well this morning it was finally still and sunny outside so I wanted to test the new props under better conditions, here is my verdict.

They work fine with one strange (somewhat minor) exception... when accelerating hard straight up the quad veers to the right. I assume some sort of imbalance causing this, and thought about installing them mixed differently in various combinations but don't have patience for it. Otherwise they work fine, don't notice a huge difference between them and the stock ones... maybe a little more speed and perhaps longer flight time, not sure about that.

Right after I flew with them I put the original slightly scuffed ones back on to do the same test and confirm it was the props and it must have been because with them it flew straight up.

So I probably won't use these 9443 props unless I don't have any others that are useable. I might like to buy another stock set (I am someone who always has backup) but it seems everywhere I find them they are carbon fiber like these
http://www.ebay.com/itm/291220971870?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Should I expect they would be as good or better than the originals? They say stock but they appear to have more of a square tip than the ones which came with the quad.

My Typhoon TX (ST10+) replacement should be here tomorrow, and I have to agree with most of what I have read about Yuneec... their customer service is pretty good, they had no hesitation about sending me a new TX and are also sending another set of props for my inconvenience. Hope to get it airborne over the weekend.

I had considered upgrading my props too, but by the things I have read to me it's a case of "better the devil you know".

I just discovered that I have no spare props -- busted one in a crash and was lucky to have a matching replacement but now I can't find authentic DJI 9443 non-self-tightening props. Out of stock and $20 a pair at Atlanta Hobby -- ouch!

Does anyone know of a source for these -- but not clones, as I tried those and wasn't happy.

thanks

I just discovered that I have no spare props -- busted one in a crash and was lucky to have a matching replacement but now I can't find authentic DJI 9443 non-self-tightening props. Out of stock and $20 a pair at Atlanta Hobby -- ouch!

Does anyone know of a source for these -- but not clones, as I tried those and wasn't happy.

thanks
Hi:

I may buy a pair of these
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221419870591?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I emailed them and they say they are stock, OEM.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers