9 inch props for Phantom question

Re: 9 inch props for Phantom question

The rule of thumb is not to cut/shave/remove material from the hub, as you can weaken the structure and cause a catastrophic failure in flight.

Once I balance the blades, I place them vertically in the balancer and see if they tip one way or the other. Then I use a hot glue gun to add a dab of glue to the lighter side of the hub. Rinse, repeat until balanced.

ZXXs2AR.jpg

So what type of balancer do you first use before placing them vertically?

I just use a top flite vertical balancer and sand the under side until it stays in a flat position.

topq5700.jpg

I have ordered 9" vision props for my v1.1.1. I will be lifting the h3-2d as well as a rc logger video Tx. When I switched to 9" cf props on my v1, I adjusted the gains. I got nice stable flight and about 2-3 min more flight time.

Are most people flying the vision props with stock gain settings on the 1.1.1? If not, what gains are working best?

MuseumMatt said:
I have ordered 9" vision props for my v1.1.1. I will be lifting the h3-2d as well as a rc logger video Tx. When I switched to 9" cf props on my v1, I adjusted the gains. I got nice stable flight and about 2-3 min more flight time.

Are most people flying the vision props with stock gain settings on the 1.1.1? If not, what gains are working best?

I am not savvy, or comfortable yet playing with those settings- but I would be curious to have your specs for reference and possible baseline testing on my v1.1.1 once you establish them.

I balanced a set of cf 9in props (not vision style) and saw only better response but slightly less battery time- what does the gain adj do in the basic sense?

My balancer is a top-flite as well I think it's okay but if I were to buy it again I would probably get a du-bro. I balance the blades first as you describe, then go for the hub.

ElGuano said:
My balancer is a top-flite as well I think it's okay but if I were to buy it again I would probably get a du-bro. I balance the blades first as you describe, then go for the hub.

I chipped a prop today and need another set now. Did the props you bought fit fine on the standard phantom with the keyed slot?

Davek said:
ElGuano said:

I chipped a prop today and need another set now. Did the props you bought fit fine on the standard phantom with the keyed slot?

Yes they do, they fit and are keyed for the Phantom and you don't need the self-tightening motor mounts to use these. They ship from HK but I got mine in a week.

If you're looking for replacement props for the Vision 2, I suggest you buy the "OEM", as they are designed for the Vision 2. BTW, the Vision props are 9.5-inches.

ElGuano said:
Davek said:
ElGuano said:

Yes they do, they fit and are keyed for the Phantom and you don't need the self-tightening motor mounts to use these. They ship from HK but I got mine in a week.

Great! Thanks.... I'll order them now! :)

One thing is for sure! It sucks major dog balls to go back to stock props. I was use to 8-10 min flight times and now I'm back to 6 max. Nearly crashed because of not getting back in time.

EL G thanks for the heads up on props just got mine today - look pretty awesome. Have to balance then will fly tomorrow - thanks for your wisdom

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic