Re: Pictures of my Phantom 2 case

I've got the same case: I used a carpet knife to open up the prop storage - it's really inadequate as designed.
(I'm probably the author of that Amazon review mentioned above…)

Addressing the foam insert:
The lid definitely does press down on the props. The deformation isn't extreme, and probably no big deal for short trips, but I'm hesitant to store them like that for any length of time. One possible solution would be to trim a relief into the top foam, but then you's lose some of the 'snugness' that holds the body into place safely… (Unless you ADDED a foam block above the body, which served that purpose.)

The GoProfessional case isn't a BAD option, and trying to make a universal case insert for users who have a range of equipment to fit will always lead to compromises. But the insert at this point doesn't feel like a finished or mature product. Just my 2 cents...

Gregori said:
I've got the same case: I used a carpet knife to open up the prop storage - it's really inadequate as designed.
(I'm probably the author of that Amazon review mentioned above…)

Addressing the foam insert:
The lid definitely does press down on the props. The deformation isn't extreme, and probably no big deal for short trips, but I'm hesitant to store them like that for any length of time. One possible solution would be to trim a relief into the top foam, but then you's lose some of the 'snugness' that holds the body into place safely… (Unless you ADDED a foam block above the body, which served that purpose.)

The GoProfessional case isn't a BAD option, and trying to make a universal case insert for users who have a range of equipment to fit will always lead to compromises. But the insert at this point doesn't feel like a finished or mature product. Just my 2 cents...

Funny you mention this. My GoProfessional arrived this morning and I can already see how tight the clearance will be on the props. Given that I plan on keeping the Phantom in the case anytime it's not being flown/worked on, I'll likely either just take the props off (slightly annoying) or cut the relief into the top foam.

If anybody else does this, pics/details on what you do would be much appreciated!

EDIT: One thought I had was getting some of that thick foam rubber they sell at Lowe's/Home Depot that you use to line kitchen cabinets or tool boxes/drawers and putting that on the top, underneath the foam that is there already and then just cutting holes for the props to sit in. This would retain the snugness on everything except the props, but they would still be cushioned by the rubber lining. Just thinking out loud in case that helps anybody.

Cheers!

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Strictmuffin said:
I'm using pelican 1510. Will post a pic once I recd my black pearl diversity that I can mount on my tx. From the look of it, will be tight fit.

Can you post some pics? I'm looking at either a 1610 or 1650. Little extra room for gear.

I have a feeling plucking will not be fun. Wonder if there's an easy way to determine the size when making?

Are these still considered carry-on size?

Great pics! Mine is coming with the same case and this was a great look at it. Very cool arrangement.

Looks like it will ship soon as B&H has finally, after 12 days, charged me for the kit!

For about the same price I opted for the Pelican 1650. The little extra space will allow for all my gear... and then some.

http://www.amazon.com/Pelican-1650-Case ... 916QM5BZYP

Pelican Interior Dimensions (inches): 28.50 x 17.37 x 10.50
GoProfessional Interior Dimensions: 19" x 14" x 8"

Only downside is I'll have to customize it, but that can also be an upside. :)

tonydotigr said:
For about the same price I opted for the Pelican 1650. The little extra space will allow for all my gear... and then some.

http://www.amazon.com/Pelican-1650-Case ... 916QM5BZYP

Pelican Interior Dimensions (inches): 28.50 x 17.37 x 10.50
GoProfessional Interior Dimensions: 19" x 14" x 8"

Only downside is I'll have to customize it, but that can also be an upside. :)

HPRC 2700PHA2 - http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1017590-REG/hprc_hprc2700pha2_hard_case_foam.html - customised for P2V - 22 x 18 x 8" got one and love it :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4