8 wire cable too short

Reaction score
I have installed the upgrade board without a problem, and am in the process of installing the Zenmuse gimbal. When following the instructions exactly, the 8 conductor wire is about 1.5 inches too short to reach from the board through the recommended hole to the gimbal connector. My wire is about 6.75 inches (17 cm) long. Has anybody else had that problem? How long is the 8 conductor wire when you have no problem?

Never mind. I found a longer wire among the stuff I didn't think I would need because I had done the upgrade. The wire I did use must be for some other quadcopter because there does not seem to be a use for it with the Phantom.

bern said:
I have installed the upgrade board without a problem, and am in the process of installing the Zenmuse gimbal. When following the instructions exactly, the 8 conductor wire is about 1.5 inches too short to reach from the board through the recommended hole to the gimbal connector. My wire is about 6.75 inches (17 cm) long. Has anybody else had that problem? How long is the 8 conductor wire when you have no problem?

There is a longer one that comes with the Zenmuse.

Thanks. I read your message seconds after I tore everything apart and found it. I should read more and tear less :D

netphreak said:
Which hole are you running the cable through?I have no problems if I run it out the back left hole of the phantom.

Exactly, the install video and manual are wrong, you have to plug the cable in the wrong hole and then it will work great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers