7" tablet holder for transmitter Ebay £5.99

Reaction score
Hi guys I have found a 7" tablet holder that is perfect in my opinion to fit the onto the dji transmitter just needed a bit of rubber on the clamp to grip the handle and a couple of rubber bands to keep the tablet from sliding.

Cheap on Uk Ebay £5.99
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400625511952? ... 26_rdc%3D1

Cheers Baz

Attachments

• 20140502_170507_resized.jpg
    20140502_170507_resized.jpg
    353.2 KB · Views: 985
  • 20140502_170707_resized.jpg
    20140502_170707_resized.jpg
    529.3 KB · Views: 919
  • 20140502_170719_resized.jpg
    20140502_170719_resized.jpg
    578.2 KB · Views: 952
I have also bought a transmitter balancer as using the 7" tablet does make it a bit top heavy.

Forgot to say that I reversed the part that moves the tablet up and down just took the knob off and took bolt out and turned it 180 deg and refitted.

Dang that seller seems to ship everywhere but the US. and all the ones I can find fro us sellers attach to the head rest differently. Tho I did find a seller in china with that style you posted. Thats exactly what I need being I have been using a kindle fire for my FPV cause its got the best wifi range out of any thing I have tried.

woot hoo I finely found a seller not in china with one of these and it was another UK seller but they ship to the US and was a great price to

J.James said:
woot hoo I finely found a seller not in china with one of these and it was another UK seller but they ship to the US and was a great price to

Link?

Just got mine in today It seems to JUSTTTTTTTTT fit with out hitting my antenna and if it was only about 1/4 inch wider it would center the kindle perfectly. with out tipping the controller. when its set down.

Wondering if that kick stand thingy or the back legs you have help keep it siting with out tipping over if its bumped at all?

For I figured out if I put the regular smart phone holder back on it and turn it to the side it makes a good out rigger on the side it tends to top to.

I had my holder cause an almost big booboo the other day after luging all my gear to camp hoping to get some good river video shots. and it almost put me out of commission for the weekend before I ever even got to take off.

I got up in the morning and seen it was nice perfect flying weather. So I got all set up to fly and got the kindle connected to the holder and connected to the camrea then when I bent over to plug in the battery on the phantom to wait for my gps green all good to fly led. When I bent over and the controller tilted back some it caused the holder to flip over back wards and it snapped my antenna off along with the connector. from the wire. luckily my buddy bob was just getting back after an early morning coffee run and never cleans his car out and he had a soldering iron and solder in his tool box. and I had my power inverter with me and found a screw driver small enough to get the screws out of the tx to open it. and was able to do an onsite soldering job on the antenna. And fixed up in a few mins. But if dude dint have his soldering iron or listened to his wife when she was nagging him to clean out his car. Before he left for camp my week end of flying would of been over before it even started. Tho I'm glad it happened before I took off and not after it was over the water or some thing. I was in a spot that even a fail safe landing on its own would of been tricky and nail bitting if it was off either way by a few feet it would be landing in water or in the trees.

I've bought the holder from Ebay but it's designed to attach to a much wider metal rod than the one on the transmitter. Did you guys find that? And if so, are you using some rubber or something to keep it in place?

I came up with a lighter, cheaper and locally available holder that works like a charm. Here is a ebay link to the item but it costs way too much: http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Phantom-2-V ... 4ad6db3590

I found the SAME item at Walmart for $5.00. It is the GRIPGO phone holder. Walmart has an isle that has a bunch of "As seen on TV" items in one of the cashier isles. The GRIPCO was priced at $10.88, still a good deal for what it does, at the register is came up $5.00, who was I to complain, probably lowered to get rid of them.

I have been using it with my Ipad mini, 7.9" tablet and it holds it very well. I clean the back of my Ipad with alcohol just before I put it on the grip. Also clean the grip before every use, instructions included, and it holds great.

By the way, the DJI phone holder was turning on the transmitter handle from the weight of the tablet. A little super glue on both pieces of the holder while installing it solved that problem.

DJK

njpollard said:
I've bought the holder from Ebay but it's designed to attach to a much wider metal rod than the one on the transmitter. Did you guys find that? And if so, are you using some rubber or something to keep it in place?

Forgive me for answering my own question, but I thought it might be useful in case anyone else is wondering.

I ended up attaching the holder to the back of the tablet (without the adjustable 'arm') and then using the existing springy phone clip that comes with the FC40 to grab the holder. There are some convenient holes, so it's very secure.

To prevent the clip from swinging around due to the increased weight, I positioned it as close to the transmitter body as possible (so it can't swing round to the right and break the antenna off), and also tied a small piece of cord between the clip and the transmitter body just beneath the antenna to stop it swinging round to the left.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl