6 Months after Release.. What's the consensus around P4 VS P3?

The newer version of P4P v2.0 blows out any phantom model. OcuSync and quieter flight makes the drone incredible. I think nowadays it's the best drone, if one isn't looking for portability, of course.
Is the P4PV2 getting 4 and 5mi range like V1 on 5.8Ghz AUTO?
I don't think it "blows out any Phantom". I personally think my P4P rocks, flying with 3.509 firmware (parameter adjustable). I can climb a mountain over 3000' above home point, and I get a 4 mile range in most spots with clear LOS connection. Try that with a V2, I just don't think that's possible, unless there have been new discoveries.

Last edited:
Come on now: Both The Phantom 3 and 4 are superb drones , however the 4 series is backed by the Phantom Rain Wet Suits which acts as a suit of Armor , so the 4 series has the edge:
Take a Series 4 Phantom and Put on the Wet Suit and its like a Brand New Drone ready for all kinds of crazy adventures.

lets hope the P5 (or whatever the next variant might be named) doesn’t come with water resistance from the factory eh....

Is the P4PV2 getting 4 and 5mi range like V1 on 5.8Ghz AUTO?
I don't think it "blows out any Phantom". I personally think my P4P rocks, flying with 3.509 firmware (parameter adjustable). I can climb a mountain over 3000' above home point, and I get a 4 mile range in most spots with clear LOS connection. Try that with a V2, I just don't think that's it's possible, unless there have been new discoveries.

We posted earlier that all not Firmware are created equal and the 3.509 was if not the best . Having the Parameters adjustable, put this over the top and its what we use and recommend also.
Glad we agree on this. Thanks John.

I think @DirtyBird provided a great summary. It all comes down to how much you want to spend for your hobby. I started flying with the FC40 on P1 platform.
Gotta watch that impulse buying!! Apple and DJI have gotten me too many times, so the wife is now my gate. She forces me to justify and thus I got an I1V2 instead of P4. Loving it and my P3P!!

The wife needs to go :mad::mad:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl