570$ for 2 year old P3P?

Reaction score
Hey. I'm looking into buying my first real drone. I found a P3P with a bag and 2 batteries, 1 of them brand new.

My only worry is that the drone is 2 years old, no guarantee left. how long will it take until things start breaking down? I would like to buy a new P4 for 900$, but it's too much money.

What do you guys think, it is a ok deal or should I keep looking?

If I were purchasing used, I would ask for Flight hours, and the status of the 2 batteries that are not new. Such as How many charge cycles, etc... Also, if possible, have it flight demo'd for full operation. You just never know about people sometimes. Better to know first and ask questions then.

If I were purchasing used, I would ask for Flight hours, and the status of the 2 batteries that are not new. Such as How many charge cycles, etc... Also, if possible, have it flight demo'd for full operation. You just never know about people sometimes. Better to know first and ask questions then.
I already asked about the batteries, and he said he could demonstrate it. Will ask about flight hours.

If all of this is fine, would it be an OK deal?

If all appears well with a demo, I don't see why not. Also on the batteries, if you have a demo, ask him to show the the individual cells on each battery, just to make sure they have been properly maintained. And have plenty of charge cycles remaining. This is not exact, but in theory, the batteries should be good for 200 cycles if I am not badly mistaken.

Hey. I'm looking into buying my first real drone. I found a P3P with a bag and 2 batteries, 1 of them brand new.

My only worry is that the drone is 2 years old, no guarantee left. how long will it take until things start breaking down? I would like to buy a new P4 for 900$, but it's too much money.

What do you guys think, it is a ok deal or should I keep looking?
Yip be careful with any secondhand product,might be trouble free or might be nightmare,luck of the draw on that,like FlyDawg say if test flight ok might be a good bird,keep in mind when looking to check for hairline cracks under motor mounts.good luck and enjoy :)

And just to note, read the manual and not just once! Hope it works out! Might be a good deal.

I bought a new P3P from Newegg.com that was shipped directly from DJI for $565. A DJI refurbished but the price was awesome!

I got the exact package of the forum here about a month ago. Paid $525. It flys just like a new one.

Talk to the guy and if he sounds ok buy it. It's a fair price.

I bought my 2 year old phantom off ebay about 2 months ago. Everything was absolutely perfect for the first month. Then things have started going down hill. First the Gimbal pitch control board, then the motors starting going bad, and now even with new motors I have terrible jello that I can't seem to fix. I'll never buy one used again. I'm not saying that this will happen to you but it might. A refurbished unit is definitely the way to go.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1