550 Pilot's lounge

FangsCPO said:
You do not need the power supply. I have been using that charger for well over two years and I have never had to use a power supply. I either plug it into the wall at home or I hook it to my car battery on road. That easy.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Interesting. The instructions say you need one.

" It is critically important that you use either a fully charged lead-acid automobile INPUT battery (or better, deep-cycle marine battery) - or a high quality AC -DC power supply. See specs table page #1 for recommended AC>DC power supplies. "

Having said that, the picture shows something that looks like an AC cord. Might want to contact them to be sure.

I hear you but I'm telling you what I've been doing for the last 2 years with no issues. I'm no electrician but that's what has worked for me. To be safe....buy the power supply....it's only $75....after spending $1500 + on a F550...I would assume not a big deal to spend an additional $75. LOL!!

Havas have him post a video on youtube from take off to landing uncut so you can the actual flight time....no editting. That will show you actual flight time....unless he's mastered video editting to pull a fast one.

The F550 is great because you have the freedom of choice in batteries be it 3S or 4S.

havasuphoto said:
But-if I can get around the flight time I want, not have to buy proprietary batteries(P2), and not have the flight restrictions in the firmware, I think this will get the job done.

I didn't have a choice for updating the firmware, at least it seemed I could only contact the airplane if I updated. Having uploaded it, I haven't had any real issues. Be sure to use the older version of the assistant - if you download the newest, I think it forces you (or seemed to force me).

Regarding that Hyperion charger:

"Note: This charger can be powered with a 12V DC power supply which increases the max output to 150W"

If you use a full 12V power supply instead of just plugging it in, you can get higher charging rates, you might be capped at 5-6A without that...though that's good enough for 1C on up to a 6000mAh batt.

Havasu, are you sure the one you're looking at is set up for 4S? If so, then you might be able to get better results from this single 8000mAh batt (only 737g!) vs using two of the 4400mAh batt's you mentioned: http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index. ... ts_id=1664

havasuphoto said:
so, when you update naza firmware it forces the flight restrictions on all naza aircraft? that sucks.

That's what it says it is doing. In practice, I fly near a military airbase and it hasn't given me any warnings. Kinda funny.

OI Photography said:

"Note: This charger can be powered with a 12V DC power supply which increases the max output to 150W"

If you use a full 12V power supply instead of just plugging it in, you can get higher charging rates, you might be capped at 5-6A without that...though that's good enough for 1C on up to a 6000mAh batt.

Havasu, are you sure the one you're looking at is set up for 4S? If so, then you might be able to get better results from this single 8000mAh batt (only 737g!) vs using two of the 4400mAh batt's you mentioned: http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index. ... ts_id=1664

I always charge my batteries at 2C...must faster. 6400 mAh lipo charged at 12.8 amps is sweet!!

OI Photography said:

I always charge my batteries at 2C...much faster. 6400 mAh lipo charged at 12.8 amps is sweet!!

For me using the Hyperion Charger to charge my ONYX 3S 6400 mAh 35 Lipo with 32% remaining at 2C (12.8) amps will take between 25-30 minutes. My flight times with my setup is 8:25 minutes before I see the first red light blink. Keep in mind, I'm flying a 3S setup with the E300 system upgrade.

That's awesome if the charger will put out 12A without a converter (i.e. just plugged straight in to the wall).

I'm not using that 8000mAh battery yet, but I will be as soon as they get back in stock. It's only 220g heavier than the 5000mAh 4S batt I'm using now, and I think I can easily do that on my current set up with 11" blades.

Is the verdict in on how the ONYX 8000mah Battery works?

Did I miss something? I can't find the tested results that Uncle Meat was supposed to post about that battery...

Be very careful when screwing in the motors somebody had bought some aluminum arms a while back and they were thinner than the stock arms and ruined their motor because the screws needed to be shorter.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72