$50 batteries? Yes it's true.

If you look closely at my photos above, you will see that I also got two different battery models, #133 and #12. The #12 came from Target, three #133 came from Best Buy. I suspect that #12 is the original part number. Its likely the one that is old stock. Gut feeling is that #133 is the new part number and probably the one you will get from retailers that has large turnover rates. I didn't even know Target had drones, let alone Phantoms. I knew Best Buy did and B&H. So I suspect they have long since turned over their warehouse stock and Target has not.

I am not sure if I have the original boxes from the batteries I got when I got my P3 and the 12/133 number doesn't appear to be located on your labels. However, if you look again at your label, you will see another difference. The Manufacturing plant. Your original made in Dongguan. The new one made in Sunwoda. Another indication that the 12/133 issue may be nothing more than an indicator as to manufacturer and battery generation. I feel the 133 is the newer second generation battery from Sunwoda.

Both batteries 133 and 12 are from Dongguan, my orginal battery that came with the P3A does not have a manufacturer orgin on it and no Chinese writing on it .

Guys have been buying them all day long. I'm talking hundreds.
Not a great plan in my opinion. I ended up buying 6 of the Yuneec batteries (granted smaller market) last year when they were 60% off at Microcenter. After fees and such, I made $5 a battery. I'm sure a similar thing if not worse will happen with Phantom 3 batteries if these numbers are accurate. The market will adjust and margins will be crushed. Amazon or ebay will make their money in fees though.

Watch for these batteries to be popping up on eBay any minute now for just a few dollars less than the normal retail price (instead of $110 going for $108) knowing good and well they only paid $50. Grrrrr

Here's an example of a soon to be eBay sell:
16864297_1577223622292547_1659766167629673735_n.jpg
Yes but expect in 1 week or so the glut and the "lowest price" war will take the price of P3 batteries down $20 or so dollars. All in all, retail arbitrage is pretty sweet. The real winners will be those who drop ship from whatever online retailer sells these en masse to the ebay and Amazon accounts.

The only problem with prices so low on eBay or even Amazon Marketplace is that one can't be sure they are OEM or not.

Called Target and got the "We don't honor Gamestop.com anymore!" bologna! Called local store and online Guest Services, they both said the same thing. Target's website says it does honor Gamestop.com - What gives?

Called Target and got the "We don't honor Gamestop.com anymore!" bologna! Called local store and online Guest Services, they both said the same thing. Target's website says it does honor Gamestop.com - What gives?
I called my local Target as well and pointed out their info on the corporate site that states they DO price match GS. The woman from Target told me that they don't honor GS because it's a store that sells "used" products. ??? I asked if she knew that they also sold new products. She says "really"? Yes, I said, could I talk with someone else. All said and done, they agreed that they do in fact match GS but, because the add shows "not available" they could not match it. I'm ok with that.

I really don't get people getting upset when employees at Target and Best Buy do their job...

This was always a "glitch in the matrix", with Gamestop trying to sell a few batteries at a heavy discount in a few stores, and people taking advantage of price matching. BestBuy and Target both have clear policies: they only match items available online or in stock in local stores, so in the majority of cases people who got a battery (or more), got it because some employee didn't pay enough attention to the policies.

Corporate must have noticed the high number of heavily discounted batteries being sold, and sent a note to all stores to stop matching those batteries, as per policy. Retail margins are very low (average 30% for Target), so all those batteries were sold at a loss. They have pretty good tools at corporate, so alarms must have flashed when they started selling so many items at a significant loss.

Usually price matching lowers the profit, doesn't force them to sell at a loss. And in real cases of a stock liquidation, price matching might lead to a small loss, but for a small amount of items,since local/online stock for the competitor is limited and quickly sold. If all their employees followed the rules, there would have been very few $50 batteries.

Hope no employee/manager is forced to pay out of their pocket for the mistake, or face disciplinary action over this

Reactions: Neon Euc and Numone
Agreed robca. I said this on page 2 of this thread.

"Called Target and explained that they DO in fact honor Game Stop but, was told they will not match for a product that is not available. Same for Best Buy. The employee/ manager that is letting this through is, imho, in for an a$$ chewing sometime in the not too distant future. ;)"

Just tried buying 2 at Best Buy and Target, they would not price match. I show them the Game Stop website at both stores, and they said since it's not available through the website in AZ they cannot price match. Bull......

Sorry you didn't score however thanks, you saved me the hassle!

Scored two from Best Buy just for the asking. What a savings! Thanks OP

Thanks guys. I am traveling out of state right now. Read this and saw a Bestbuy across from hotel. I went
over and picked up there last one for $49.97. No questions asked. Bestbuy list price that came up on register was $149.97 and the cashier didn't even blink.

Just went to your link and it's a closed groub.
you sure it OEM and maybe a few more details Matt .
GameStop has them advertised for $49.97 and they are orettt much out of stock. Everyone is getting nest bug and target to price match. Some stores will honor it some don't.

Reactions: dirkclod
Just tried at Target and they said they don't match GS anymore because they sell used and re-furbished items along with new and can't guarantee what type the sale is for. Off to try another Target and the Bestbuy next door.
Best Buy refused saying not in stock at GS so won't honor.
The other Target I tried let me purchase. I think it helped it was a college kid working the register and when he had to call over his supervisor, it was another college kid who eventually shrugged his shoulders and said Ok.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this. Best Buy honored it this morning but only because there was a store in the region still carrrying them. Wasn't even a store that came up under my search but when they checked on there pc a store the next city over still said they had them. What a deal.

Just got a third battery this time from Best Buy in Milwaukee Wisconsin took a trip out here for the weekend and decided to pick one up and the box was sealed and the battery works perfect hasn't been used the other one that is broken I will return or exchange at Target in Chicago.

This cheesehead Best Buy employee from Wisconsin jaw dropped when he saw the price difference and called over a manager and the manager jaw dropped to and she wasn't about to do it until I argued with her and then she did it. Don't **** with Chicagoans[emoji23]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor