$50 batteries? Yes it's true.

Denied at Best Buy, Accepted by Target. Got one for 49.99, I wasn't going to hassle over .02. ;)

Update, I put one on hold last night at one of the Game Stops here in Houston from the GameStop web sight. Got the confirmation email and battery was waiting for me when I went to pick it up after work. Tried one Target with the price match and was denied. Same at the first Best Buy. Second Best Buy with my game stop receipt in hand scored me another one. The would not let me get more then one but now two batteries up for 50 each :)

Reactions: Matts175
I just got one ordered over the phone from Best Buy. Store pick up tomorrow. Give them a call. Operator couldn't of been nicer!

Just grabbed one from Target. Beautiful thing.

Just got two at target... it was their last two. BUT THE BOXES WERE OPENED should I BE WORRIED??? AND ONE OF THE TWO NEW BATTERIES HAS DIFFERENT SPEC S ON IT

Stopped off on the way home.

First stop, Target. Electronics Dept gal didn't want to do it so I asked for the manager. I tried to buy two. Took a lot of time there with him verifying stuff over and over. Finally gave in and let me buy one since the GS page said only one per.

Then I went about 2 mi down the street to a best buy. Had 7 on the shelf so I asked for 3. At ringup I showed him the site. He had to go to a terminal and check. Did so, also pointed out the one per but said he could ring me up 3 times if that was ok. Rofl. Of course its ok :) Like I am gonna say no to $200 more savings right? Whoopee it was a few cents more due to tax rounding. I am ok with that.

So, I scored 4 batteries in 2 stops. Savings: $400.08. Time Spent: 45min approx. Thank you.
20170302_212004.jpg
20170302_211850.jpg
20170302_211903.jpg

I stopped at 4 because I have 5 active batteries and these are going to be on the shelf as spares. I haven't stored LiPo long term so I figured that 4 was enough. Thats 9 total.

Just got two at target... it was their last two. BUT THE BOXES WERE OPENED should I BE WORRIED??? AND ONE OF THE TWO NEW BATTERIES HAS DIFFERENT SPEC S ON IT

Mine was open as well. What was the difference in specs?

I shouldn't have said specs it wording. First pic is the original battery, second pic is of new battery, and the third is the same as the original one except the button is like stuck. it turns on and off but it doesn't click when you push on it

b5934486e6f38e248085b377734686a5.jpg
3959cca0e58391798d2c7eec5bd16dcd.jpg

fd39054b2c90350e8adb4ce016c77be3.jpg
9b75c4ab43536459c8afd8d203b24491.jpg

I thought I got a good deal last week when B&H Photo was selling Phantom 3 batteries for $130, I purchased one and it was part#133.

I was lucky to get amother battery last night at Game Stop for the $50 and that battery is part#12.

Any issues or concerns with the different batteries, I have a P3A with old FW and reluctant to update.

Attachments

• 1488551094465-483385222.jpg
    1488551094465-483385222.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 439
  • Screenshot_2017-01-29-15-19-41.png
    Screenshot_2017-01-29-15-19-41.png
    577.4 KB · Views: 487
I thought I got a good deal last week when B&H Photo was selling Phantom 3 batteries for $130, I purchased one and it was part#133.

I was lucky to get amother battery last night at Game Stop for the $50 and that battery is part#12.

Any issues or concerns with the different batteries, I have a P3A with old FW and reluctant to update.

If you look closely at my photos above, you will see that I also got two different battery models, #133 and #12. The #12 came from Target, three #133 came from Best Buy. I suspect that #12 is the original part number. Its likely the one that is old stock. Gut feeling is that #133 is the new part number and probably the one you will get from retailers that has large turnover rates. I didn't even know Target had drones, let alone Phantoms. I knew Best Buy did and B&H. So I suspect they have long since turned over their warehouse stock and Target has not.

I am not sure if I have the original boxes from the batteries I got when I got my P3 and the 12/133 number doesn't appear to be located on your labels. However, if you look again at your label, you will see another difference. The Manufacturing plant. Your original made in Dongguan. The new one made in Sunwoda. Another indication that the 12/133 issue may be nothing more than an indicator as to manufacturer and battery generation. I feel the 133 is the newer second generation battery from Sunwoda.

FWIW I got one of the "Part 12" batteries when I ordered direct from DJI when they were on sale for $99.

FWIW I got one of the "Part 12" batteries when I ordered direct from DJI when they were on sale for $99.
Can you look at the battery and confirm the manufacturer origin?

I will look at my #12 and #133 when I get home from work and confirm their origin as well. That should indicate if I am correct in that the number indicates the manufacturer or not.

this is nice, I'm going to hit the Best Buy by my house on the way home tonight. it shows they have them in stock. The closest Game Stop does not have them in stock.

this is nice, I'm going to hit the Best Buy by my house on the way home tonight. it shows they have them in stock. The closest Game Stop does not have them in stock.

Not surprising. The GS site doesn't show stock in Wisconsin or Illinois. Anywhere in the state.

Can you look at the battery and confirm the manufacturer origin?

I will look at my #12 and #133 when I get home from work and confirm their origin as well. That should indicate if I am correct in that the number indicates the manufacturer or not.
Confirmed.

So my story has taken a turn. The battery I got from Target, which was opened, had a bad cell. Total charges in the DJI Go App showed 0 after my first charge but cell number #1 was showing a lower voltage. See attached image:
IMG_4562.PNG

I went to Target and was concerned they wouldn't honor the price match so I did a no receipt exchange which worked.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor