$50 batteries? Yes it's true.

Hi All,

I live in Reynoldsburg, OH. This morning I attempted to see if our local Target and Best Buy would price match Game Stop. Unfortunately both said no. Best Buy said they wouldn't match the price due to Game Stop did not have the item in stock online. Target flat out said they don't price match Game Stop. Doh !!!

GS in Brooklyn,NY has 1 in stock , printed add and went to the Best Buy on 44th and 5th in Manhattan. Three employees later and the manager checking online I have my $50 battery.

Hi All,

I live in Reynoldsburg, OH. This morning I attempted to see if our local Target and Best Buy would price match Game Stop. Unfortunately both said no. Best Buy said they wouldn't match the price due to Game Stop did not have the item in stock online. Target flat out said they don't price match Game Stop. Doh !!!
You could go back to Target. On their website they say they price match GS. The supervisor at my Target said the same thing. I said, Your website says you do. They ended up giving me the battery.

https://corporate.target.com/_media/TargetCorp/about/pdf/Price-Match-Online-Competitor-List.pdf

Reactions: Matts175
Visited my closest Gamestop (no stock) and next to Target where they had one battery in stock and agreed to price match. Manager explained he didn't have to due to it not being in stock at either the local Gamestop or on line but would "do me a solid" and price match! I said Thank You very much!

Having gotten skunked the other day at my local Target & Best Buy store, I decided to try other nearby Target stores in my area today. I was successful at getting the store manager's to price match at 4 of 6 stores. A few things I learned from this experience:

1. Target will only price match on one item. So if you wanted to purchase two DJI batteries, they will only match the price on one of them. I was told that I could come back the next day and then they would match the price again.

2. Many of the stores said they did not price match GameStop.com. So, I printed out and brought a copy of Target's policy that confirmed that they DO price match with GameStop. Once I showed this paper to the store managers they promptly matched the price. Below is the link to Target's corporate site:

https://corporate.target.com/_media/TargetCorp/about/pdf/Price-Match-Online-Competitor-List.pdf

3. At two stores the Target managers were going to match the price. However, once they checked GameStop.com on their iPads and noticed GameStop.com did not have the batteries in their inventory, they told me that they will only price match if their competitor has the item in stock.

4. One technique that I found very successful was once you get a Target store to price match, take the receipt from that store to the next Target store. While speaking to the sales associate / store manager show them the receipt from the first store and explain that the first store price matched. That is all it took for me at one Target store to get them to price match. However, this technique failed at one store. The manager at that store said although the first store priced match, he couldn't price match due to GameStop.com didn't have the item in their inventory.

The bottom line is to try several stores, print and bring a copy of Target's price match policy, use the receipt from another store as proof, and be polite to the staff. Being argumentative will probably not get you anywhere.

Just saw GameStop list a battery within 25 mi of me. Went to best buy and they told me they wouldn't match it in an angry tone and no reason given.
fbd4c02e429564fa3e3da7640a2db29e.jpg

Just saw GameStop list a battery within 25 mi of me. Went to best buy and they told me they wouldn't match it in an angry tone and no reason given.
I would imagine by now Target, Best buy have had bulletins sent to managers not to honor these.

Although I'm stuck at work in the middle of the desert for another week and don't have a prayer of getting this done, I did manage to find a dude who'd worked it out and got a bundle of them on another board. He was selling them for a 10 dollar profit and in my book that's perfectly fine so I grabbed several. Maybe I'll get lucky and be able to snag a few after I get back to DFW as well.

fbd4c02e429564fa3e3da7640a2db29e.jpg
Funny, I'm in the same area as you, and saw this on GameStop's web site this morning. I tried reserving one, but every time I click Submit, I get an error and it never goes through. If this availability lasts till the afternoon I'll float around to a bunch of Targets to see what I can do...

Went to BestBuy and Micro Center and got turned down because GameStop didn't have them in stock. Tried Target and they said they didn't match GameStop prices. When I showed them that GameStop is listed on their website as a competitor, they apologized and matched the price (even though the GameStop ad I showed them said the battery was unavailable)! I'm convinced it's just a matter of luck.

On a lark, I looked up if any batteries were left at nearby Game Stops last night, Tuesday, Mar 7, and it came up one was available about 50 mi from my home on Long Island. So they held it for me last night via online request and I just picked it up from a Game Stop in Port Chester, NY this afternoon. It was the last one I was told since I asked for more. Brand new, looks great. At least I got one !

Although I'm stuck at work in the middle of the desert for another week and don't have a prayer of getting this done, I did manage to find a dude who'd worked it out and got a bundle of them on another board. He was selling them for a 10 dollar profit and in my book that's perfectly fine so I grabbed several. Maybe I'll get lucky and be able to snag a few after I get back to DFW as well.
Good luck. I tried a few different Best Buy, and Target stores in south Dallas area. Was told they wouldn't price match if not in stock. Hope you have better luck than I did.

I have tried purchasing cheap aftermarket batteries from both eBay and amazon but 2-3 days later the order gets cancelled because the item is restricted.
Does anybody know where I can get $50 batteries from in Australia?

Got mine from the target in Arden, NC Thursday night! First guy I talked to was a prick, but just went to service desk and got it without any issues.

Wow!!! Thanks Matt.

I walked into Target today and had forgotten to bring my info from this site with me. So when the Electronics manager approached me I explained that I was hoping for a price match on a DJI P 3 Battery and I couldn't remember the name of the place for the life of me. I am sitting there searching on my phone, a bit frustrated that I wasn't more prepared.

When the salesman walks up holding his phone out to me and says: "could it be Game Stop at $49." I looked at the salesman phone and I said, Yes! That's it. . . . .

So much better coming from the Target Manager himself. He said no problem, walked me to the return/pickup center and price matched two DJI PHANTOM 3 batteries for me.

Wow, Thanks Matt.

Attachments

• IMG_20170312_111633899.jpg
    IMG_20170312_111633899.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 403
  • IMG_20170312_111650478_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170312_111650478_HDR.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 654
lol guy in best buy said GS sells the cheap made in china ones and they can't match the price of those cheap battery .I look down and first thing I see in the battery I was holding was "Made in China" I make fun of the poor guy in a nice way and left as I had to be somewhere and didn't feel like arguing . This its why they manufacture in china, here they will hire any one for any job and don't even give them proper training. Will try again another day ,

Last edited:
Scored one from a Target in Huntsville AL yesterday.
Thanks Matt!

Attachments

• IMG_0019.JPG
    IMG_0019.JPG
    649.8 KB · Views: 339

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member