5-Year Search & Retrieval of Phantom in a Pond

Reaction score
Fun video. This guy lost his Phantom 2 to a local pond and has searched for several years to find it using an underwater drone. (I have the same sUUV for my work, minus the claw.) Watch the final recovery effort and his excitement as he succeeds, and see the condition of a drone after it has been lying at the bottom of a pond for 5 years. https://youtu.be/ABggPYyZKkw

Ha na the first half was better,I just watch sec half, I thought the sd card was gonna work but na to much water,,I thought before watching ,eemmm mayby he got the drone to work again so I had to watch,,bummer but saved polluting the lake some more so that's a good thing

Reactions: dirkclod
Ha na the first half was better,I just watch sec half, I thought the sd card was gonna work but na to much water,,I thought before watching ,eemmm mayby he got the drone to work again so I had to watch,,bummer but saved polluting the lake some more so that's a good thing
After that much time it was as polluted as it could get I would think.
What I didn’t like was I think I need a new toy ☹️
Wish I had had one before I retired looking for floaters.
We just dragged .

After that much time it was as polluted as it could get I would think.
What I didn’t like was I think I need a new toy ☹️
Wish I had had one before I retired looking for floaters.
We just dragged .
Yes good to have various toys,,get yourself one of these,,its not a sub but its yellow and dont sink and good fun,,I run this anytime I can,only using 3s 11.1 stock battery but can run 2 batterys at once but speed gets out of control,I just upgrade to the seaking 120amp esc so I not cook anymore stock ones which were only 40amp,I did upgrade the 1800kv motor with a 4300kv motor but it made the drive shaft smoke from the rpms so original went back in but easy 80kph like this,,they say 60kph out the box which still fast on the water but I always beef things up a bit ,makes it wow give me a turn,,I get bored easy so this is one of many to keep the brain working, best high in the world of rc but must watch what going on with this thing,as I think I posted in the past hitting a polystyrene boy in the water at low speed and pinned myself to the boy which required a rescue from other RC boat to get unstuck
ATOMIC VOLANTEX is the name and speed is its game
20210721_212312.jpg

16268614741858886237772651832004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes good to have various toys,,get yourself one of these,,its not a sub but its yellow and dont sink and good fun,,I run this anytime I can,only using 3s 11.1 stock battery but can run 2 batterys at once but speed gets out of control,I just upgrade to the seaking 120amp esc so I not cook anymore stock ones which were only 40amp,I did upgrade the 1800kv motor with a 4300kv motor but it made the drive shaft smoke from the rpms so original went back in but easy 80kph like this,,they say 60kph out the box which still fast on the water but I always beef things up a bit ,makes it wow give me a turn,,I get bored easy so this is one of many to keep the brain working, best high in the world of rc but must watch what going on with this thing,as I think I posted in the past hitting a polystyrene boy in the water at low speed and pinned myself to the boy which required a rescue from other RC boat to get unstuck
ATOMIC VOLANTEX is the name and speed is its game
View attachment 122443
View attachment 122444
Naa boats not my thing unless I’m in one. Not to mention i would most likely do what you did in your video. Bad enough hitting stuff as it is ?

Yeh glad that was a one off,,those subs in rescue ain't cheap,I been looking at them,,way out of my reach,probably good for gold recovery with vacuum clean hose sucking the gravel into a sluce though.
Well I hope you find something interesting, I got drones ,rc cars,helicopters, boats,but yeh I'm still bored, the boats reignited my spark in rc,it was just something different, rocket might be next lol.

Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31