5.8Ghz control signal dropped off to 50%

Reaction score
OK I am still enjoying my P2V+ & will keep it for fun sake but on recent long distance flight I could only get 3500ft before the control signal was lost!
Previous to my latest flight I was getting 8500ft before it reached the limits that I had set in the Vision Assistant
Not a biggie but more than a little disappointed after always knowing I could safely fly 8500ft without losing control signal
I have Itelite panel fitted & am boosting my 2.4Ghz with amp so I never lose my visual signal
Not sure any one offers advice here anymore as even I have progressed from my old P2V+ to P4 & awaiting my new Mavic Pro
Anyhoo - if any one is still out there - advice please
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• DSC_2520.jpg
    DSC_2520.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 318
Is this a consistent problem or did it just happen once?

Are you flying in the same area you were flying before and getting 8500'?

Are you sure your cables are tight? Are you sure the ufl cable you installed inside the controller didn't pop off?

Are you sure your cables are tight? Are you sure the ufl cable you installed inside the controller didn't pop off?

Thanks for the interest.......Yep exact same location as I always test fly - it's a consistent problem.
All cables checked are tight & the ufl cables are tight too - hot glued in place when I first did the mod.
I can see that they are in place & still glued down by looking inside the battery compartment.
I have FPVLR 2.4Ghz & 5.8Ghz antennas fitted in the P2V+ with Itelite panel on the controller PLUS 2.4Ghz amplified.
NO amplification on the 5.*Ghz side just routed through the Itelite panel
Cheers

*** Oh heck - I just realized you mentioned the ufl cable INSIDE the controller - Hmmm yeah - will open it up & check that for sure as I checked continuity of all the wires to the itelite panel & they're all 100%.
Glad the 2.4Ghz side is good - that was always a problem with losing FPV feed 1st
Now to check the controller side
Thanks

Mark The Droner
Hi Mark - checked inside the controller - wires in place all intact continuity good & they are also hot glued in place.
About to check FPVLR antenna config - not that I think they are at fault but never know.............

Nope everything has checked out but I am wondering if it could be that the controller batteries need to change out? They are Duracell rechargeable so will buy new set of regular Duracells to see if that may be the problem. Flew it again today same issue Altitude 700 ft but again only 3,600 ft - weird....................Suggestions anyone? What on earth on the 5.8Ghz system could cause it to lose so much control distance?????

Interference from other wifi in the area you are flying in. New routers now have 5.8 channel and I noticed a deceease where I fly and after checking for wifi I found 3 new 5.8 hotspots. Just a thought.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Interference from other wifi in the area you are flying in. New routers now have 5.8 channel and I noticed a deceease where I fly and after checking for wifi I found 3 new 5.8 hotspots. Just a thought.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Thanks for that man - I really can't be sure what it might be. My Mavic Pro will arrive in the next few days but really enjoy flying my P2V+ - love the fisheye lens. I will pinpoint the problem sooner or later but for now any advice is welcome.
Thanks again

Reactions: rladwig
Could be the controller itself that's the issue, or the itelite is having an issue. Without spares of either one it's hard to diagnose, as it's just the control range it could be the reciever inside the quad that's having issues .

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Thanks - I believe it might be the receiver inside the P2V+ as the Itelite panel seems to be solid state & is only a boost system whereas the receiver is a whole different ball game. The antennae on the bird are FPVLR dipole 5.8Ghz and have always worked fine.
I just know I will let the P2V+ sit in it's case & be reluctant to fix it after I get the Mavic if I don't get it done right now!-------------technology huh?!!!!..................lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers