5.8GHz booster question

Reaction score
For people that have these can you tell me if your blue light blinks. I have purchased two and was very careful not to powering them up until fully connected to the transmitter and antenna. Both when turned on just have a constant blue light no flickering as stated in the manual.

The booster is a suntans 2000mW 5.8GHz.

My distance I have been able to reach on a stage 4 kit has only been 3000 feet I was thinking maybe its the booster, or maybe only the 2.4 flickers.

I had discovered the same thing had occurred after installing the Sunhans 5.8G booster. I had contacted a few folks in the field who indicated the Wi-Fi booster was basically designed to work in conjunction with a standard Wi-Fi router which may operate differently than a radio transmitter used for R/C operation. It was suggested that this may more than likely be why the blue led does not necessarily flash repeatedly as mentioned in the data sheet provided, but that it should work as intended.

I've never presented the question further as I have not experienced any issues as it may relate to the booster. This particularly because I've flown out to 8500 ft. with my stage 2 system and still maintained R/C connection.

Again, I'm not sure if any who are using this specific booster actually experience a rapid flash when the booster is powered up, rather than a steady blue.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: rotorwash
That does help since when the booster is on it seems to work. I'm trying to check things off my list why I don't get the distances others get.

I just wanted to make sure I just didn't get two bad boosters.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers