4X Battery charger cables

Reaction score
I like to fly and then leave my batteries discharged until I fly again 2-5 days later. Leaving them discharged is the best practice for long battery life. But when I decide to fly, I want them charged asap, all 4 of them. On my previous drone (Q500+) I bought a nice charger made by Hitec, programmable for any Li-Po battery 3S or 4S arrangement. It even supports equalization, even though P3P batteries don't need it. It also supports discharging to the appropriate level for long term storage. The best part is it can charge 4 batteries, each at 5A in parallel in about an hour, which is acceptable for my typical scenario. Using the DJI charger would take 3+hrs, not to mention the hassle of having to monitor and change each battery as it completes the charge. Too much hassle.

My problem is I cannot find the proprietary blade connector for the P3P battery connection so I can make adapter cables for my new Phantom3 batteries. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know where to source that battery connector?

Last edited:
I'm confused, the P3P comes with a 100w power supply for charging.

The unit linked to is only capable of 50w per channel (x4).

DJI: 17.4v, 100w, = 5.7a (max.)
Hitec: 17.4, 50w, = 2.9a

Not sure this is going to perform as you expect.

What am I missing?

The Hitec is 200w. 50w X4. I charge multiple batteries all the time, works great. It might not charge one battery as fast but it will charge 4 of them faster with less hassle. Twice as fast, without having to swap batteries every hour.

I found a P3 car charger for $20/ea just to get the connectors, but $80 is a bit expensive for 4 connectors.

Last edited:
I went the simple route.............. ordered 3 more charger cords from DJI. I now have 4, and just need 4 outlets. :cool:

Yep, that's an alternative, but I already have my multi-charger, and I use it with my other drone batteries. It would great if I could just find the P3 connectors. I may have to fabricate them myself.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers