4th July Fireworks Safety Zone

Reaction score
I live on a Golf course and there will be a big Fireworks celebration tonight at the 18th Hole Fairway. My house is on the Third Hole about 1/2 mile from the Fireworks.
My Questions:
If I only fly my drone Above my property can I still get in trouble?
Anyone out there knows what is the FAA Fireworks Safety zone?
Thank you and have a safe 4th of July!

Last edited:
I don't know if there are any actual rules but I got permission from a cop to hover two blocks from a show. But I wasn't on my property, I was in a baseball field two blocks from another field that had the show. Half a mile should be just fine if you don't plan on flying up to the show. And you are on your own property.

Reactions: Joe Magnani
I don't know if there are any actual rules but I got permission from a cop to hover two blocks from a show. But I wasn't on my property, I was in a baseball field two blocks from another field that had the show. Half a mile should be just fine if you don't plan on flying up to the show. And you are on your own property.
Thanks I guess I will ask the Fire Marshall and the police just to be on the safe side.

Thanks I guess I will ask the Fire Marshall and the police just to be on the safe side.
Just be sure to mention hover, not fly up to it lol

Ive been planning to put mine up in the air for the fireworks for months now, I live near a large school complex where they set off a large display every 4th-Im going to go pretty much straight up about 100 feet tops above my property, and film the fireworks that will be about 1500-1800 feet from my home. Go[ng to be fun...

The Police told me they've declared the entire Golf Course "A No fly zone" for safety until the Fireworks ended, I couldn't not even fly it on my own property! So I canceled the drone project.
I'm at the Fireworks and suddenly I see a Drone fly by and stops 100 yards from the show, right on top of people and buildings, it was there for 20 minutes, people where pointing at it and nothing happened! The Police didn't do anything! I guess that's what I get for asking! :mad:

Reactions: BigAl07
The Police told me they've declared the entire Golf Course "A No fly zone" for safety until the Fireworks ended, I couldn't not even fly it on my own property! So I canceled the drone project.
I'm at the Fireworks and suddenly I see a Drone fly by and stops 100 yards from the show, right on top of people and buildings, it was there for 20 minutes, people where pointing at it and nothing happened! The Police didn't do anything! I guess that's what I get for asking! :mad:
You did RIGHT by asking.

That person "could" get into trouble for "launching/landing" from restricted property but to be honestly only the FAA can create/enforce Restricted Airspace.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair