4S Battery on Phantom Fc40

Reaction score
I bought a Dji phantom 1 on eBay about two years ago and the previous owner gave me his old batteries. They only hold about 7minutes of flight time after calibration.

This afternoon I bought some LiHV batteries (4S 10C 5.2aH battery 14.8V). I have found that I can charge the battery on my BC.204 charger...

Has anyone else had the issue of it not fitting in the battery compartment... I’m thinking of duck taping it on at the moment.

My main question is can the dji phantom 1 actually use this battery? I’ve heard the maximum voltage that the motors can run at is 15V , but will it run without explosion?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 503
No, this setup made to run on 3s. It might run it, but.................................................................

I use a 14.8 3S 30C 3600MAH that gives me an average of 18 minutes flight time. It fits the battery cavity but i have to leave the battery door open (only protrudes about a 1/4 ") and secure the battery with two rubber bands......has worked very well over many flights. I'll take some pictures of the setup soon and more info on the battery :)

Reactions: rattydude77

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4