4K video codec H.264 question?

H.265 decoding is computationally easier than encoding (usually). I can't speak to the actually hardware inside a P3 and its RC, but I can't imagine it's HEVC comparable and not being used.

It allows for the same quality at less than half the bandwidth. Or nearly 4x the resolution at about 1.5x the data.

It's great. It's just mathematically difficult. It's really geared toward multi-core systems.

I'm wondering if Lightbridge 2 uses H.265. Is that now they reduced latency and increased the video link from 720 to 1080?

Good question. I would guess no, but it would be nice if it did. The old Lightbridge (not P3/I1) was also a 1080 system, so they haven't really increased it. They've just put it back as it was.

Amabarella A9 which is what is in the P3P does not support H.265.

A9 doesn't support H.265 due to actual firmware, but the chip has more than enough power to support h265 without problems. Internal FPGA firmware is from Ambarella and not from DJI.

A9 doesn't support H.265 due to actual firmware, but the chip has more than enough power to support h265 without problems. Internal FPGA firmware is from Ambarella and not from DJI.

According to Ambarella, the A9 does not and will not support H.265 regardless of power, architecture or any other factor. H.265 will be in the H1.

You have a cheep TV that didn't include h.264 decoding. H.265 will only come with new hardware chips. Actually the iPhone 6s have them for newer FaceTime and can encode/decode. You should always post process your video. Or copy the files to your Mac and use Beamer to stream them to your AppleTV.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20